Author Topic: How to get smaller tug for Lear 45  (Read 2299 times)

Gary

How to get smaller tug for Lear 45
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:22:00 am »
Hello,
I did search the forum and manual but I'm not gettin' it! I have gotten as far as small push back but but I still get the  large push back tugs. Step by step would be nice abd also very much appreciated. Here is the line in sim.cfg that I assume has to be changed. I pretty much fly the Turbine Duke and the Lear. Once in a while one of  the PMDG'S.

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 175000 or %(parkingRadius)g <= 18

Thanks,
Gary

BTW what measurement does "g" stand for? Gross weight of Lear is approx. 22,000 lbs and less than 15m wingspan.
Gary
Retired ATC, corporate pilot, & all around good guy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to get smaller tug for Lear 45
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:34 pm »
Here is the line in sim.cfg that I assume has to be changed.

There's nothing that must be changed. That line says the small pushback will appear on any airplane that weights less than 175000 lbs OR if the parking has a radius smaller than 18 meters.

Since a Learjet is surely lighter than that, and since there's an "OR" condition, meaning either of the conditions must be true in order for the vehicle to be selected, it's not possible it won't appear.

It's likely that other trucks with no conditions are competing with it (AS, TPX and TMX don't have conditions) so, you might add a new "condition" line on THEM, in order to exclude them for lighter planes.

For example:

condition = %(aircraftWeight)g > 50000

Added to all SIM.CFG of the other trucks with no conditions, will leave the small truck as the only usable one for planes lighter than 50000 lbs.

Gary

Re: How to get smaller tug for Lear 45
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:32:52 am »
Umberto,
Thank you for the help. Very much appreciated.
Gary
Gary
Retired ATC, corporate pilot, & all around good guy.