Author Topic: FollowMe "aborts due to safety reasons"?  (Read 11957 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FollowMe "aborts due to safety reasons"?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:22 am »
Ok I need to know where this config is that I add the line to.

The Couatladdons.ini file discussed in this thread, is under %APPDATA%\Virtuali

Ricovandijk

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »
Could you make this feature selectable on/off in the normal menu?

The idea of a scared and fleeing marshaller is funny, however highly unrealistic. In 8 years in commercial aviation I have never seen a marshaller (follow me) abandoning an aeroplane because he/she is scared.

Don't take me wrong, I do like GSX, however I don't like fleeing follow me's when they are scared of my, whilst they decide to pull the parking brake in front of my nose wheel. a B77L at max landing weight has a slightly larger stop distance than a vauxhall Corsa at 18 knots.

Another thing, is there an option to turn off the nosy comments about parking two inches too far/shy off/ left/right of the perfect parking spot? I don't mind critisism, but with marshallers giving generally the wrong signals all the time it is hardly possible to park spot on.

Features are nice, but on/off switches even nicer when the features are not close to reality :)

thanks for reading! my2ct.

Rico

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 01:11:40 pm »
Another thing, is there an option to turn off the nosy comments about parking two inches too far/shy off/ left/right of the perfect parking spot? I don't mind critisism, but with marshallers giving generally the wrong signals all the time it is hardly possible to park spot on.

The marshaller doesn't give "wrong signals". It's just more difficult to drive a simulated plane on the sim compared to reality, because you don't have the same visual cues and the brakes don't have the same feeling (especially if you don't have analog brakes).

But many users are perfectly able to get the "dancing marshaller" easter-egg, which appears only 1 out of 5 PERFECT parkings, which clearly means they can do many perfect parkings, which wouldn't be possible if the marshaller gave "wrong signals", which is not the case.

Features are nice, but on/off switches even nicer when the features are not close to reality :)

The Follow me Flee CAN be disabled, I don't see how different would be if it was a menu option, since it's just enough to change a single number in the .INI file.