Author Topic: DFW around bridge terrain issues.  (Read 5279 times)

nick1

DFW around bridge terrain issues.
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »
I've been having issues with the area around the bridges at north and south entrance. The terrain is very odd and messed up. I have all the recommended settings, and I am using DX10. Any help? There should be attachments with the images.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: DFW around bridge terrain issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:29:56 am »
You probably don't have the mesh complexity and resolution set to the correct settings that are detailed in the manual.

Have you set the Mesh Resolution to 10m/pixel and the Mesh complexity at 100, as suggested on the manual ?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:33:56 am by cmpbllsjc »

nick1

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 03:13:27 am »
I have all the recommended settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 02:28:39 pm »
You have another 3rd party mesh scenery that interferes with this. I guess it's something from OrbX ? Have you tried disabling it ?

nick1

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »
I currently do not have a third party mesh payware.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:13:44 pm »
I currently do not have a third party mesh payware.

Then you have another non-mesh scenery which is interfering. That default house in front of the terminal in the 3rd screenshot clearly indicates you have another scenery in conflict.

This of course is not a problem of KDFW, but a problem caused by another product. The most likely causes of conflicts are AFCAD files supplied with AI Traffic products like MyTraffic or similar, which contains files that must NOT be used if you have a 3rd party airport addon: they are supposed to enhance the default scenery but, they always cause problems.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility program to find and remove AFCAD duplicates for KDFW:

nick1

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:32:40 am »
I forgot to tell you guys that I had downloaded about two months back a kdfw freeware that adds terminal D... Every time i started it up it would say one of the DFW BGL files that I added was messed up. I then removed it and ever since I downloaded this scenery there was no more messages. After I read your response I knew exactly what your talking about but I cant find any of those BGL files and honestly I don't remember if I ever removed them...