Author Topic: CLS DC-10-10 doors recognition issue  (Read 3130 times)

leinsters

CLS DC-10-10 doors recognition issue
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »
Bought a couple things during the sale. Thank you for the discounts!

I figured out how to change the freight doors on the JF CLS DC10-10F (fun intuitive design - well done!) but when I call for boarding or unloading I am still asked to open exit 1, 2, 3 etc. despite those doors already being open. I've closed and reopened them via the 'open doors pop up window' with no luck. Is there some code I need to add to a .cfg?

I apologize in advance if I missed something in the manual.

Thank you
Lenn
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:07:33 pm by leinsters »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CLS DC-10-10 doors recognition issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:46 pm »
You cannot assume that *every* airplane would have doors controlled by the standard doors variables. Many 3rd party airplanes either use a non-standard rearrangement of the standard doors variables, or they have custom XML variables.

GSX allows both cases, as explained in the manual when the airplane configuration editor is explained, but you must insert the correct values.

Or, if this is too difficult (maybe because the 3rd party airplane uses custom variables not easy to figure it out), you can just set GSX to IGNORE the door status, so it won't ask you to open doors anymore. But then, if you don't open them, GSX crew and luggage will happily pass through the airplane bulkheads, because the whole point of waiting for the doors to be opened, was precisely to prevent this.

leinsters

Re: CLS DC-10-10 doors recognition issue
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »
Thanks. I'll go back to the manual. At least I know it's in there somewhere.