Author Topic: Those cones :)  (Read 2676 times)

moria

Those cones :)
« on: November 26, 2015, 04:06:20 pm »
Greetings all...

was wondering how to move the cones placed at wingtips to avoid vehicles running over them.

I tried moving the de-icing points but no luck...

Is it based on the wingtip positions in the a/c config file?

Regards

Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Those cones :)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »
was wondering how to move the cones placed at wingtips to avoid vehicles running over them.

The vehicles don't normally run over them. It might happen at some parking spots, and/or with some airplanes, but it shouldn't very common.

Have you seen this happening with a specific airplane or parking ? If yes, please indicate a precise case of a parking+airplane when you always see this.

I tried moving the de-icing points but no luck...Is it based on the wingtip positions in the a/c config file?

They ARE based on the de-icing points so, moving the de-icing points WILL fix this. However, they are placed on the de-icing point + 3 meters so, you might simply have to move the de-icing point more towards the inside.

However, since the problem is more usually related to the parking spot, sometimes might be more effective to move the starting position of the vehicles instead, so they take a different path to approach the doors.

moria

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 02:15:36 am »
I will do some screenshots..  but it seems that most times the refuelling truck stops on top of a cone..  the bus almost always crosses a cone and the baggage trucks try to run through them.

Seen it at orbx Cardiff EGFF  a lot today in planes ranging from embraer 190's through 737';s..   parking bay 11 was the main one I was using, and I have reset the vehicle start positions where I can.  I also moved the de-icing points in to half way down the wing, but no real change to the cones, even after restarting coatl.

G

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:03 am »
I have reset the vehicle start positions where I can.

If the vehicles affected are the fuel and passenger bus, they won't be affected by the starting positions of the vehicle at the parking, because they come from far away. We'll check if we could improve their path to, which is not something you can edit.

I also moved the de-icing points in to half way down the wing, but no real change to the cones, even after restarting coatl

This shouldn't happen. As I've said, the cones are placed on the wingtip position as defined by the de-icing points. The wingtip position from the aircraft.cfg is used ONLY when there are NO de-icing points defined. Then 3 meters are being added so, unless your airplane is *very* small, moving the de-icing point SHOULD move the cone position too.