Author Topic: Unable to download Stand alone add on manager or even GSX  (Read 2286 times)

bcrawley57

Unable to download Stand alone add on manager or even GSX
« on: October 17, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
Add-on manager initiated an update this morning and now does not start in P3D v3.  I sued the proper installer when installing GSX last week.  Now when I try to download from the website, download manager asks me for a userid and password for the download site.

Even trying to download from an apple laptop as a test to see if I could get the files, it just comes up with a blank page.  Any suggestions how I can download to reinstall please?

Kind regards,

bcrawley57

Re: Unable to download Stand alone add on manager or even GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:50:12 pm »
I have managed to restore add on manager by reinstalling KSFO HD, but it still puzzles me why it will not allow downloads from the website without Authentication.  Any tips would be useful as I am looking to purchase more of the fine products there. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to download Stand alone add on manager or even GSX
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:35:37 pm »
download manager asks me for a userid and password for the download site.

What do you mean with "download manager" ? Are you using a 3rd party download manager ? Have you tried disabling it ?

There's no authorization needed to download any of our files. The issue is surely on your side, and I think it's a problem of your ISP.

We host our files on Mediafire, and we have a proper and legit, business account with them, which allows us to offer our downloads to everybody with high speed (since they have multiple servers and each file is stored on a different one) without requiring users needing to have a Mediafire account themselves.

However, it looks like you are in the UK, and we got word from some users, that some ISP in the UK have started to block the WHOLE Mediafire domain because, instead of doing the proper effort to block specific sites and files (which cost time and money), they blindly trust a blacklist set in place by the IWF, so they might block the *whole* of Mediafire, because some might have shared questionable content on it.

See here from this thread about BT:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-amp-IWF-Stops-MediaFire-com-links/td-p/534832