Author Topic: I can't open / install GSX for Flight Simulator X **SOLVED**  (Read 2945 times)

nickeystudios

I can't open / install GSX for Flight Simulator X **SOLVED**
« on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:06 pm »
Hello guys!

I just joined this forum and i hope that someone can help me. Well now i will describe my Problem: I switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All files etc. were deleted because i completly reseted my pc. Ofc i had to reinstall FSX etc. and everything went fine. But now i want to install GSX, but Windows 10 is blocking the "app". Here are some screenshots which are in german, but i will translate it directly under the pictures.

Picture 1 (when i double click and run it as admin)
https://i.gyazo.com/2baf74640191c8525601309462794bf9.png
Translation: This application has been blocked for security reasons. Publisher: Not trusted.

Picture 2 (right click on the installer -> properties -> digital signatures -> details)
https://i.gyazo.com/31fb1eba037aa794ffbdf6730f294d34.png
Translation: The certificat/signature is blocked from the publisher.

Picture 3 ("steps from above" -> show certificate)
https://i.gyazo.com/5d5006f7793fdc243629bdf5c6f2b282.png
Translation: This certificate got blocked from the certificates -market/-place.

I already contacted the support and they answered to me this:

Hi

On windows 10 you need to click the "more info" link on the warning screen
This will then show the option to continue anyway despite the warning

regards

Martin ***

I said it doesn't worked, because there is no "more info" and i got a new answer:

Hi

I don't have windows 10 myself (thankfully) but my searches on the subject show that when the system puts up its standard "this file is blocked" screen there is a "more info" link in the bottom left corner that gives you access to more options

If this is a different sort of error screen then I don't know. It is all very new and you might need to google for answers. You may need to look at your W10 security settings to see if you have it set so high that the option isn't displayed.  

regards

Martin

I already clicked on "install this certificate" and restarted my pc and always running the installer as admin, but nothing helped me. Also setting the installer in compatiblity-mode didn't helped.

What should i do now? How can i get the problem fixed? I already have the newest gsx version installer. Sorry for my bad english. i hope someone can help me.

Greetings, Nick!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:17:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I can't open / install GSX for Flight Simulator X
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »
Are you sure about the translation ?

Especially the "The certificate/signature is blocked from the publisher", which maybe should read as "the publisher's certificate/signature is blocked" instead ? I don't read German, but the message seems odd and, instead, what really happened, is that YOU blocked "the Publisher" (which is "us", Virtuali), in your system, so nothing digitally signed by us will ever run, unless you re-trust us again.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

nickeystudios

Re: I can't open / install GSX for Flight Simulator X
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 03:14:52 pm »
Are you sure about the translation ?

Especially the "The certificate/signature is blocked from the publisher", which maybe should read as "the publisher's certificate/signature is blocked" instead ? I don't read German, but the message seems odd and, instead, what really happened, is that YOU blocked "the Publisher" (which is "us", Virtuali), in your system, so nothing digitally signed by us will ever run, unless you re-trust us again.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Yea, thats the problem which i don't understand. Well i used your way to fix it: IT WORKS! Thanks! The certificate was at the "untrusted" tab.

Thank you very much! #ProblemFixed