Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working  (Read 8061 times)

Planebuff

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:11:48 am »
I have all of the FSDT hawaii airports and i recently purchased my traffic 6. Ever since I got MT6, when I am flying parallel sometimes to PHOG or taking off out of runway 2 at PHOG going west towards PHNL (LAT: N21  1.03  LON: W156  34.11  around 6,000) my game freezes and a message appears saying Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working and then I have to click close program and then I have to restart my flight and cross my fingers that it doesn't happen again. I have heard that addon airports and AI addons can clash and cause problems. Also when I installed MT6, the default buildings appeared again inside of the FSDT PHOG buildings, but I changed the file PHOG_NoCW_KA_OBJ.BGL to PHOG_NoCW_KA_OBJ.Off and that resolved the building problem, but not the game crashing. PLease help so I can continue flying in the hawaiian islands with no crashes.

Planebuff

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:41:23 am »
Now right when I spawn at PHOG and go to F11 view it freezes😡

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 10:05:11 am »
Ever since I got MT6, when I am flying parallel sometimes to PHOG or taking off out of runway 2 at PHOG going west towards PHNL (LAT: N21  1.03  LON: W156  34.11  around 6,000) my game freezes

Can't see how this can have anything to do with the scenery, according to your report. Yes, AFCAD files that come with traffic programs might cause problems with sceneries, but usually of duplicates objects, not crashes.

Your crash might be related to MT6, but not caused by an AFCAD conflict. The most likely cause, it's an AI airplane with missing/corrupted texture that, because of schedule, appears at PHOG only.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:56:34 pm by virtuali »

Planebuff

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 05:47:30 pm »
Yeah I saw that somewhere else that it could be a scheduled flight that is messed up causing the crash, but it's happening at all times of day...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:56:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 06:57:32 pm »
Yeah I saw that somewhere else that it could be a scheduled flight that is messed up causing the crash, but it's happening at all times of day...

Then it must be an AI that appears at all times of the day. Or a corrupted *texture*, shared by different AIs.

Planebuff

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

Then it must be an AI that appears at all times of the day. Or a corrupted *texture*, shared by different AIs.
  How would I go about fixing this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 11:01:02 am »
How would I go about fixing this?

Checking their textures one by one. Just to be sure: have you tried setting all your AI Traffic density slider to 0% ? If the error goes away, at least you would know for sure it's a problem of one of them.

Planebuff

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »
Yeah before I had the AI installed, it never crashed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »
Yeah before I had the AI installed, it never crashed

You might try uninstalling/reinstalling MyTraffic, if the problem happened locally on your system, this should fix it. But if there's a problem with files as distributed, I'm afraid you'll have to check all AI files one by one.