Author Topic: Missing Jetways at PHOG  (Read 11106 times)

puu808

Missing Jetways at PHOG
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:29 pm »
Hi FSDT,

I'm having some trouble with the PHOG scenery from Hawaiian Airports Vol. 2.  The jetways and various textures on the terminal seem to be missing and won't load.  I have uninstalled all of my FSDT products, including the Addon Manager and Couatl Engine as has been recommended in other posts.  I reinstalled each scenery again before reinstalling GSX.  I then downloaded the latest Addon Manager from your website and installed it last.  All of the other FSDT products work just fine, PHOG is still not displaying any jetways after the install.  I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.  I did notice that after installing Addon Manager 2.9.0.7, when I open the manager in FSX, version 2.9.0.6 is displayed at the top of the window.  Not sure if this could be the issue. 

The Addon Manager and Couatl menu bars are present in the main FSX menu bar.  All AFCADs have not been modified.  I have no errors in my CouatlAddons.ini file.  I've excluded the recommended files in my anti-virus software.  After searching your forum I'm not sure what else I can check.  I'd appreciate some help and insight on this matter!

Regards,

Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Jetways at PHOG
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:26:18 am »
The jetways and various textures on the terminal seem to be missing and won't load.

As explained many times on the forum, whenever jetways are missing, it's NEVER a problem of Addon Manager, Couatl, antivirus, or scenery installation, if you had a problem with any of these, the opposite will happen: ONLY jetways would show. This because jetways are not handled by our modules, that's why they are the only thing visible when they the modules are not running.

The only thing that can make a jetway disappear, it's another scenery in conflict, like another AFCAD from another product. Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to search for AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:26:51 pm »
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like Josh.
The windows and parts of the wall won't show up, the jetways are missing.

It's only PHOG, the other airports like PHTO, PHKO are working perfect.

I searched for duplicate AFDADs and I found these two files:
AFX_PHOG.BGL
FSDT_PHOG_ALT.bgl

I tried first to disable (set to .off) the first one, but that didn't change anything.
Then I tried to disabled the second file, but that didn't affect that, too...

I do only have FSDT PHNL and Hawaiian Airports 1/2 installed, I don't have any other scenery (and no freeware) for Hawaii, except FTX Global (withouth vector).
I don't use AES.
I reinstalled the Addon Manager, but of course this didn't solve my issue.

I hope you can help me

Thank you in advance
Matthias
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:43:51 pm by MatthiasKNU »
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:
I7-7820X@4,3 GHz, GTX980, 16 GB RAM, 3x 512 GB SSD, ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming
Sim: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.5, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (English)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:39:05 am »
I searched for duplicate AFDADs and I found these two files:
AFX_PHOG.BGL
FSDT_PHOG_ALT.bgl

These are not duplicates. They are both coming with the FSDT installer, and one just sets the correct altitude (a method needed for airports that changes the elevation from default), and cannot cause the loss of jetways.

I don't use AES.

Not even installed it before, even as a Trial ?

I reinstalled the Addon Manager, but of course this didn't solve my issue.

The Addon Manager cannot have anything to do with this. Jetways will display or not, even if you uninstall the Addon Manager. In fact, if you remove the Addon Manager, or it's not working for any reason, you will see nothing EXCEPT jetways.

Because, as I've already said in the previous message, only ANOTHER scenery (the AFCAD of another scenery) can disable jetways, there are no other ways to disable jetways in a scenery.

I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation, is that you have a duplicate scenery that the FSX Airport Scanner cannot find, or you have AES installed (regardless if you use it or not now) so the jetways are excluded by its own set of jetway-exclusions AFCADs.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:59 am »
I have reinstalled my computer (formatting SSD) in June and haven't installed AES since June.

I believe, that this problem is caused by another AFCAD... But...
How can I find out, which AFCAD this is?

You wrote, that "Only another Scenery" can cause this problem...
I only have ORBX FTX Global, FSDT PHNL, and Hawaiian Airports 1/2 installed for Hawaii... (And the ORBX-Freeware-Packs)
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:
I7-7820X@4,3 GHz, GTX980, 16 GB RAM, 3x 512 GB SSD, ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:12 am »
Have you installed any AI Traffic pack, like My Traffic, Traffic X, etc ? They come with their own set of AFCAD too, and we had reports from users they must be removed manually.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:26:14 am »
No, I don't use any Traffic Addon.

By the way:
I am using Prepar3D v2.5
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:14:08 pm »
What's your Scenery Complexity setting ? Jetways at PHOG are programmed to appear only at Dense and beyond.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 04:21:31 pm »
Ok, my scenery complexity slider is set to "normal", but the Jetways are not my only problem, because there are parts of the walls or of the windows missing.

I tried to set the scenery complexity to dense, but the missing windows and wall parts are not showing up
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 10:48:18 am »
Ok, my scenery complexity slider is set to "normal", but the Jetways are not my only problem

So I assume you DO have jetways now ?

because there are parts of the walls or of the windows missing. I tried to set the scenery complexity to dense, but the missing windows and wall parts are not showing up

These, instead, are unrelated to the Scenery Complexity settings and, instead (unless you are missing the *whole* building), are likely caused by wrong video settings and/or settings or tweaks in the FSX.CFG.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:13 pm »
No, I still have no Jetways.

And I am using Prepar3D v2.5, NOT FSX!

I have the newest video driver installed.
Resetting and reinstalling video driver does not help
deleting the prepar3d.cfg das not help, too
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:46 pm »
No, I still have no Jetways.

And I am using Prepar3D v2.5, NOT FSX!

I have the newest video driver installed.
Resetting and reinstalling video driver does not help
deleting the prepar3d.cfg das not help, too

You said in our previous post your Complexity level was set to "Normal", which of course explains why you don't see jetways. You must set it higher than that to see the jetways.

The suggestion about the .CFG file was JUST related to the OTHER problem you reported, about missing *parts* of buildings.

FSX or P3D is not relevant in this case. Jetways will work in both sim just the same, and the ONLY possible reasons why you don't have them one of the following:

- You still have your Scenery Complexity level to "Normal", as you said in your previous message

OR

- You have ANOTHER scenery in conflict because, as I already said, if it's not the Scenery Complexity, the ONLY way to remove jetways from a scenery, is with ANOTHER scenery that is excluding them.

Of course, this assume you have the FSDT PHOG scenery on an higher level on the Scenery Library that any other scenery, which is where the installer places it by default. If you move it, anything can happen, and object might start to disappear, excluded by OTHER sceneries with an higher priority.

Planebuff

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 02:14:29 am »
Make sure the file AFX_PHOG.bgl is in the scenery floder of PHOG in the FSDreamteam folder.