Author Topic: Transparent buildings  (Read 4755 times)

Lashrathius

Transparent buildings
« on: July 21, 2015, 02:27:37 am »
I've noticed that FSDT CYVR buildings start to load with transparent textures after a few weeks of installation. At first, they run well, without any issues, but after a few weeks it starts to look like this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7596209/FSX%20Glitch.png

Has this happened to anyone before? Are there any known fix(es)?
Best regards,
Henry (Hank) D. Chen
FSX / P3D Avionics Developer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Transparent buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:35:23 am »
I've noticed that FSDT CYVR buildings start to load with transparent textures after a few weeks of installation.

Well, no. The scenery cannot obviously "rot" by itself...the files are always the same so, clearly, what else is changing that is affecting the scenery, is something else in your system that is changing.

Invisible objects or part of objects not displaying are caused by wrong video tweaks/settings. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

If this still doesn't fix it, be sure you don't run FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes. Every checkmark in the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FSX.EXE should be off.

Lashrathius

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 08:48:14 pm »
I followed your instructions and the scenery works for 1 to 2 flights approximate. Then usually on the 3rd flight, I start seeing this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7596209/Public%20Downloads/June%202015/FSDT.png

And I just took that screenshot after 2 successful flights with buildings loaded, one in and one out of CYVR.

I guess I'll have to reset FSX each time I want to load up in CYVR... This doesn't happen to me in P3D v2 Professional though.
Best regards,
Henry (Hank) D. Chen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 10:05:28 am »
I followed your instructions and the scenery works for 1 to 2 flights approximate. Then usually on the 3rd flight, I start seeing this:

Your screenshot and explanations are not very clear. Are you saying that:

1) After the 3rd flight, you are still having the SAME problem you had before (some parts of the buildings are transparent)

OR

2) After the 3rd flight, the scenery is entirely gone, so you now have a DIFFERENT problem (and in this case, is the transparent buildings problem fixed now, when the scenery is working ?

If your case is the #2, please check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu, after the scenery has disappeared.

Lashrathius

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:45:49 am »

1) After the 3rd flight, you are still having the SAME problem you had before (some parts of the buildings are transparent)

Exactly. The same thing keeps persisting, but I think I found a pattern as to why this is happening. Almost 9/10 times when I start a flight with ASN running live weather after a fresh Windows restart, this transparent building problem persists. Whenever I load a flight with default FSX weather or P3D weather after a fresh Windows restart, the buildings are there.

However, because it's 9/10 times, I cannot directly come to a conclusion that another addon is causing this. I'll keep testing every time I do a flight and post some results. Hopefully that'll help lead to a fix.
Best regards,
Henry (Hank) D. Chen