Author Topic: Stuck Ai  (Read 22188 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Stuck Ai
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »
 Looking at the default afcad it seems that the runways have been widened just at the exits and entry points to accept the hold short node distance. Thinking that this wasn't quite the best fix, I widened all of the runways to 260 feet (just an arbitrary number as it doesn't show in the sim anyways) and also added a missing hold short node at the end of 06R. I then watched a few dozen AI depart without fail. As mentioned dozens of times before on these forums, I used ADE to edit the KLAX_AP.BGL. Pretty easy.

Chris Starr

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 09:08:28 pm »
Thanks Dave....you saved me! did your work around posted it in AVSIM and all seemed to work just fine!!!!  Thank you! again!

Mr_LoL

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:20 am »
Umberto do you actually plan on fixing this issue or are you just going to ignore us?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 03:14:16 pm »
I don't think widening the runway is a good idea. It cause problems under P3D, which always display the default runway, so it goes in conflict with the custom runway texture.

In fact, the whole issue happened because we LISTENED to users complaint about having the default runway showing up in P3D, in other airports too:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9527.msg88693.html#msg88693

So, to fix this, we had to set the runway width to 0.0, causing AIs being stuck so, we are trying to discuss with LM for a solution that would work both in P3D and FSX, without having to distribute two separate AFCADs, which is quite confusing, both for us and for users.

But of course, if you don't use P3D, you are free to apply the suggested modification.

Lhpdx40

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »
"What's strange about this issue is the first AI that shows up taxi's to position, gets clearance and leaves.  The second taxi's to position, lines up and hangs there until it times out.  What happens next is interesting.  After that plane times out and is deleted, there can be 3 or 4 in queue.  They will all seem to line up and take off without issue.  It always seems to be that second plane in the line that appears to get hung up for some reason."

Just downloaded the KLAX scenery and absolutely love it btw, but I've also notice this problem is FSX....I've never had this problem with any of the other fsdreamteam sceneries...Has anyone been able to fix the problem and if you have please share....Thanks in advance..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 10:16:11 pm »
Just downloaded the KLAX scenery and absolutely love it btw, but I've also notice this problem is FSX....

Please re-read my reply: I never said the problem won't happen in FSX. I said that, in order to be compatible with P3D too, we had to apply a solution that will cause this problem. Of course, if you use FSX, you can apply the suggested fix yourself (which is a 1 minute job). If you used P3D, instead, you CANNOT use that fix, because it will result in the default runway showing up.

Mr_LoL

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 06:18:05 pm »
Exactly the same thing happens at DFW.
I'm using old Afcads from 2014 to sort it out. Thank God I kept my 2.0 installation on my other hard drive.