Author Topic: FSX Los Angles V2  (Read 5747 times)

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
FSX Los Angles V2
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:09:05 am »
I paid for KLAX V2 and I noticed two things when selecting a flight from KLAX to XXXX. I'm always told to use runway 7L day or night, any kind of weather. The other thing is I'm ok to position and hold but never cleared to take off, As soon as I get airborne, tower tells me I'm not cleared for take off. Any suggestions? I think if I pick a parking\gate on the other side of the airport I'll use another runway but I'll still never get to use any runway in any direction. KLAX has 4 runways meaning 8 possible end to take off or land on.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Los Angles V2
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:19 am »
I'm always told to use runway 7L day or night, any kind of weather.

No, not in "any" kind of weather. FSX automatically selects a runway for takeoff or landing depending on MANY factors, the wind being one, but also the availability of an ILS (for landing), the length, the distance from the gate, etc. It's a formula where each parameter has its own weight.

You are being asked to always use the same runway, because FSX WILL always use the longest runway that has an ILS UNLESS the tailwind component is too high for that runway to be usable so, check your weather settings and, eventually, if you have a 3rd party weather program that controls weather.

The other thing is I'm ok to position and hold but never cleared to take off, As soon as I get airborne, tower tells me I'm not cleared for take off.

That might due to the issue of hold short zones being too far from the runway. Of course, we placed it in the correct place, but that doesn't mean the correct place is handed correctly by FSX. But if we placed it in the "wrong" place, in order to appease FSX, the logical position of the hold short zone won't match the visual position of the (custom) textures which are of course in the correct place, so people would immediately complain that the hold short is wrong, either because ATC won't clear them in the proper place, or because AI would hold short in the wrong position. And if we moved the visual hold short zones in the "wrong" place, to make the FSX ATC happy, people will rightly complain the scenery is not accurate to real world...

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 04:49:04 am »
Ok thanks for the info. I always start and end my flights from a gate. The 3rd thing I forgot to mention is when setting a flight from klax to either Las Vegas or San Francisco, I take off on 7left do a 180 to the right, fly over the ocean and do a 180 left, fly over klax and then follow the gps track to either airport.....By the way if I don't have to wait behind other aircraft, I am ok'd to take off. Just when I'm in line and then get to the hold short position, I get the position and hold but no take off ok'd. I thought maybe their was an update coming out for these items. I know others are experiencing them also but they haven't contacted the forum. None of my other FSDT airports are having these items going on. As a test I tried runway 6right. After waiting 5 mins for the flights in front of me to take off, I got the ok to take off. But it had me cross right over the runways 7 right and left and do a 180 then out to sea and do a 180 right to go on to San Francisco after crossing over LAX............. I also waiting back about 1 or 2 plane lengths to ask for takeoff. I fly 777s.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:23:48 am by Jammerjonn »
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:34:56 am »
Is anyone else having these issues? I'm about to uninstall this program. My other FSDT airports seem to work ok but they were made by the previous company.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:58:00 am »
 If you haven't already, try running a different AFD file for LAX. I have traffic using all four runways and have never found that only 07L is used for my departure. "But it had me cross right over the runways 7 right and left and do a 180 then out to sea and do a 180 right to go on to San Francisco after crossing over LAX"  That has NOTHING to do with FSDT KLAX scenery, that's simply the poor ATC engine from FSX. Use a better ATC program or vector yourself on course, but there's no need to uninstall the scenery.

johndrago

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »
Is anyone else having these issues? I'm about to uninstall this program. My other FSDT airports seem to work ok but they were made by the previous company.

I've been using this scenery for years, and it's always worked great.  All four runways work according to the wind direction.  Usually 24 and 25 are prevalent, but occasionally, the wind will change, and 07/06 will be in use.  Must be something else going on with your setup.  Maybe you have a secondary AFCAD that you don't know about, and it's screwing with the the runway use.

John