Author Topic: A few questions regarding activation and freighter support  (Read 4397 times)

tszchun_anson

A few questions regarding activation and freighter support
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »
I have recently bought GSX and found that it is really awesome while providing wide range of ground handling services, so thanks for the developers' effort!

I would like to raise a few questions regarding activation of GSX and freighter support...

After I had installed and activated GSX, I found that I had to reinstall my windows due to some reasons which may related to virus. Therefore I deactivated GSX using Addon Manager. I read the manual mentioning that saving .reg file is recommended for future activation, but I dont want to saving any files in my current system as it may be infected. In my situation, will I get trouble or need extra steps to re-activate my product in my new Windows (with same hardware but I will overclock then)? Will the activation system treats my re-installed Windows as another new system and consume a activation limit? Can I just simply activate it just like what I have done last time?

Also, I saw Activation Auto-reclaiming in the manual, but sorry that I cannot really understand. I would be grateful if you could further explain how can I be benefited in my situation.

In addition, I have read this post (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5481.0.html) mentioning supported aircrafts. May I know if it supports Aerosoft Airbus A320? As it is still a new products, so I wonder if this posts are not updated...

Moreover, how does GSX support freighter aircrafts like PMDG 777F? I worry that it will have passenger bus for the freighter ;D. Do I need additional steps to make GSX support it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:51:20 pm by tszchun_anson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few questions regarding activation and freighter support
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:32:17 pm »
I dont want to saving any files in my current system as it may be infected.

The .REG file is a registry export file, which is no more than a TEXT file containing your Serial Number and the registry key it's supposed to be inserted into. Being a text file, it cannot be "infected".

In my situation, will I get trouble or need extra steps to re-activate my product in my new Windows (with same hardware but I will overclock then)? Will the activation system treats my re-installed Windows as another new system and consume a activation limit? Can I just simply activate it just like what I have done last time?

The one and only reason to have a .REG file to begin with, it's JUST to save you from having to MANUALLY type the Serial Number, that's it. It has no other use. Regardless if you insert the Serial Number using a .REG file, or type the Serial Number manually, it's exactly the same.

A new Windows installation from scratch WILL consume an activation, even on the same hardware. But of course, if you DEACTIVATE before reinstalling Windows, you'll recover an activation, so the net balance will the same as if you never consumed the activation.

Also, I saw Activation Auto-reclaiming in the manual, but sorry that I cannot really understand. I would be grateful if you could further explain how can I be benefited in my situation.

Auto-reclam of older activation means that, if your LAST activation was obtained MORE than 90 days earlier, even if you forgot to Deactivate AND if you already consumed all your 6 activations, a new activation will be granted anyway, without having to contact us for a manual reactivation.

The ONLY time you might have "trouble" with the activation and will have to contact us asking for a reactivation is when ALL the following is happening at the same time:

- You have reinstalled Windows and/or changed a major hardware component

AND

- You FORGOT to Deactivate before reinstalling

AND

- You have consumed ALL you 6 activations

AND

- Your last activation was obtained LESS than 90 days earlier

If ALL of this is happening, then you'll see a message like "Too many activations" when trying to reactivate, and you'll have to contact us, asking for a manual reactivation.

In addition, I have read this post (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5481.0.html) mentioning supported aircrafts. May I know if it supports Aerosoft Airbus A320? As it is still a new products, so I wonder if this posts are not updated...

The Aerosoft A320 is in that list of the thread you linked. It starts with it...

Moreover, how does GSX support freighter aircrafts like PMDG 777F? I worry that it will have passenger bus for the freighter ;D. Do I need additional steps to make GSX support it?

GSX doesn't recognize a Cargo airplane as such, so it will have a passenger bus IF you are parking in the open. We are working on a Cargo Expansion product for GSX that will treat Cargo airplanes correctly, with more realistic operations and proper cargo handling.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:37:21 pm by virtuali »

tszchun_anson

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 04:49:26 pm »
Thanks for quick reply.

May I know if I download full installer in your official website (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx), it has most updated vehicles which doesnt require any update, hasn't it? I ask this question because I saw another post which mentioned new vehicles need to be installed...

Also, the aircraft supporting list (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5481.0.html) just contains AEROSOFT AIRBUS X A320, but not AEROSOFT AIRBUS A320. They are different, the former is the old one while the latter is the newest one.

Moreover, that means I can manually enter the key when I finish re-install Windows right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:55:29 pm »
May I know if I download full installer in your official website (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx), it has most updated vehicles which doesnt require any update, hasn't it? I ask this question because I saw another post which mentioned new vehicles need to be installed...

Normally, the full installer contains everything, but in this case, I think we added a couple of new liveries in the last vehicles update.

Also, the aircraft supporting list (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5481.0.html) just contains AEROSOFT AIRBUS X A320, but not AEROSOFT AIRBUS A320. They are different, the former is the old one while the latter is the newest one.

They are the same as far as GSX is concerned, and that list doesn't contain "aliases", which is the case of the Aerosoft A320

Moreover, that means I can manually enter the key when I finish re-install Windows right?

You can enter the Serial Number at any time.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 10:52:40 am »
Where can I get the latest vehicle update, which is additonal to your "normally latest" installer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 11:22:55 am »
Where can I get the latest vehicle update, which is additonal to your "normally latest" installer?

In the GSX product page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

You only need the more recent set, the one with the button that says "Download November 2014", unless your full GSX installer was *older*, which I don't think it's the case.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:24:54 am by virtuali »