Author Topic: GSX multiple tasks at once  (Read 4642 times)

swaluver88

GSX multiple tasks at once
« on: May 31, 2015, 03:24:14 am »
Hi i was spotting at PHX today, and SWA had catering services and deboarding or boarding going on at the same time. thats why they can get 25-40 minutes turn. I use realistic loading times, and i can never fit in catering services, so my question is will you guys be willing to update it so we can do multiple things at once?
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX multiple tasks at once
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:45:49 am »
Sorry, but catering and boarding at the same time it's quite unusual procedure.

Also, on some airplanes (the A318/319, for example) it's not even physically possible to have a baggage loader together with a catering service, because there's not enough space.

And, a reason why some services are not done at the same time, it's also because this way we minimize the chance for vehicles to run into each other, since they are not aware of each other, and trying to add this, in addition to create performance problems, it will likely cause all sort of problems like traffic deadlocks on the already cramped space in the parking.

swaluver88

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:02 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/DNmDdVv.jpg, yes for the airbuses i can see, but for all the other planes it is possible. So 500+ different planesandd 2 plane may not be able to handle it. Im just saying it would be nice if you have a little check box saying you want it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:53:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »
yes for the airbuses i can see, but for all the other planes it is possible

The issue of not enough physical space in the airplane is just ONE of the SEVERAL reasons why we don't allow simultaneous boarding/deboarding while catering.

There other reasons I explained are far more important, and are the main reason why the program is made that way.

swaluver88

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:23 pm »
alright

maxxx

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:37:35 am »
http://i.imgur.com/DNmDdVv.jpg, yes for the airbuses i can see, but for all the other planes it is possible. So 500+ different planesandd 2 plane may not be able to handle it. Im just saying it would be nice if you have a little check box saying you want it.
Good gosh! I feel sorry for those ramp guys. Catering trucks are a huge inconvenience to use on the ramp. They get in the way