Author Topic: Unable to register KLAX V2  (Read 3229 times)

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
Unable to register KLAX V2
« on: June 13, 2015, 03:21:20 am »
I purchased KLAX V2 from the website and installed it. Stated FSX SP2 and opened add-on manager and selected FDST and KLAX V2 and tried to register the serial#.. MY screen goes black and does not recover. I even reinstalled add-on manager from the web site. No luck. How else can I register and use KLAX? Thanks
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
Re: Unable to register KLAX V2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:09:11 am »
Ok I finally got it registered. I went into regedit and searched for FSDT then created an enty and listed the registration number. NOT the best way to do it, but it wasn't working the add-on manager way. Then I opened FSX and got the message to activate it and it successfully worked.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to register KLAX V2
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:42:15 am »
This problem of the registration dialog not visible has been discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10875.0.html

And it's caused by another addon which has started with FSX that has stolen the focus, so the registration dialog has been hidden. You could have probably just ALT+TAB or CTRL+TAB to restore it back on front, or stop that addon during the registration.

And (at least for the registration) don't use other addons to launch FSX, but start FSX from its own icon.