Author Topic: Change Passenger bus and baggage carts point of entry and exit  (Read 3274 times)

CAPT ZERO

I would like to be able to change the place of where the passenger bus and the baggage carts start from and end their runs. In some terminals these items are visible coming from away across the other side of the airport, usually from a fuel point or something, miles away from the actual passenger terminal building. Is it possible to change this, so i can have the bus,etc coming out from behind the main terminal building, or anywhere i wish to create. i have thoroughly searched the manual for this, to no avail.

kind Regards
Capt Zero

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change Passenger bus and baggage carts point of entry and exit
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:10 pm »
usually from a fuel point or something, miles away from the actual passenger terminal building.

These vehicles spawn from a parking, using this priority:

- A parking of the "Vehicle" type. If none is found:

- A parking of the "Fuel" type. If none is found:

- A regular parking

And no, if the AFCAD is well designed, vehicles will not come from "miles away", since the parking is searched in a maximum radius of 500 meters from your actual parking position. But of course, if NO suitable parkings are found in that range, GSX cannot obviously stop the service, so a more distant parking will be used.

So, basically, GSX does already automatically what you were probably trying to do manually, assuming we had an option to change the starting positions for such vehicles.

Which means, if you want to fix an airport that lacks suitable parkings, you can simply EDIT the scenery AFCAD and, for example, add some parkings of the "vehicle" kind close to where the passenger terminals are, which should be ideally connected to the rest of the taxiway layout using paths of the "vehicle" kind, which is how is supposed to be in real life.

Since all available AFCAD editing utilities like ADE or AFX allows to do this very easily, it wouldn't make much sense to duplicate the same functions in GSX.

Is it possible to change this, so i can have the bus,etc coming out from behind the main terminal building, or anywhere i wish to create. i have thoroughly searched the manual for this, to no avail.

That's because you can't change it. Not with GSX, at least. but you can change it, by working on the AFCAD.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:54:17 pm by virtuali »

CAPT ZERO

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:53:12 pm »
Ok, understood,Umberto. I use ADE, so i'll work on it a bit more.

Much appreciated.
Capt Zero

CAPT ZERO

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »
I was actually imagining a little module that housed these vehicles, maybe the vehicles would spawn from a building that we could adjoin to the main terminal or something, or anywhere of our choice.
Then just add the vehicle paths to it within ADE etc.

Again thank you

cheers
Capt Zero

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 05:25:12 pm »
I was actually imagining a little module that housed these vehicles, maybe the vehicles would spawn from a building that we could adjoin to the main terminal or something, or anywhere of our choice. Then just add the vehicle paths to it within ADE etc.

Yes, and there's no need for any additional software than what's already available.

If you want to have the vehicles spawning from a specific building (which might be already present in the scenery, or that you can add with a scenery design utility), it will be enough to place a vehicle parking with ADE inside or close to it, and connect it to the taxiway layout.