Author Topic: Issues with GSX together with EZDOK **SOLVED**  (Read 6519 times)

zs-kev

Issues with GSX together with EZDOK **SOLVED**
« on: March 20, 2015, 01:19:03 pm »
Hi,

I haven't bought GSX yet, currently trying out the demo and luckily I did. GSX is not working very well along side EZDOK on FSX Steam Edition. I put my aircraft at EDDM and then select customize aircraft. I click on the first door and say open in 3D editor. now this is where things go wrong, I can only move the arrows up and down on the blue axis, cant move it left or right on the green or red axis.

Now, I have a feeling that this has something to do with EZDOK as it uses the NUM keys. So I'm guessing that it is interfering with the GSX NUM key commands.
I came on to the forum and saw that you can change GSX key commands in key settings. But when I go there I can only change the GSX menu key which is ctrl + F12. I cant change anything else.

I'm not going to buy GSX until I know for certain it will work!

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:14:28 pm by virtuali »

pete_auau

Re: Issues with GSX together with EZDOK
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 06:01:35 am »

zs-kev

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:40:53 pm »
Hi,

Yes I saw that post and tried what they said but no luck. And my issue is slightly different, my EZDOK still works and GSX still works. BUT, I cant change the door parameters in the 3D editor.

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:45:56 am »
Yes I saw that post and tried what they said but no luck. And my issue is slightly different, my EZDOK still works and GSX still works. BUT, I cant change the door parameters in the 3D editor.

If EZDOK causes a key conflict with GSX, there's obviously nothing we can do to fix it and there are only so many keys usable, if a single program takes so much of them, you simply cannot use them all together, even if they were all configurable, and even if there was a way to find some arrangement that would work with both, the key combinations to use would be very cumbersome to use.

If your issue is just editing the door parameters, just disable EZDOK when you are editing a GSX configuration.

zs-kev

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:32:09 am »
Hi,

I do disable EZDOK when trying to change the door parameters, but it does not help. I still cant move the arrows anywhere!
You should still be able to change the key commands on GSX, even if it becomes cumbersome, it still gives us people that have issues some way to fix the key conflict. Trust me, I have been doing it manually as the door parameters for the PA a380 in this forum are so off that just to get one door by typing in the parameters and then checking and then doing it again is taking about an hour per door!!
So, I would rather be able to change the key commands to something cumbersome than sit here for hours typing in numbers and then checking if its accurate and then doing it again and again!

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:34:48 am »
I do disable EZDOK when trying to change the door parameters, but it does not help. I still cant move the arrows anywhere!

Then you must have removed/changed the default keys for the Slew commands.

You should still be able to change the key commands on GSX, even if it becomes cumbersome, it still gives us people that have issues some way to fix the key conflict.

You CAN change keys used by GSX!! Using the "Key Mapping" menu. This, of course, for those GSX-specific keys that cannot be changed elsewhere. But, since the airplane configuration editor uses the STANDARD FSX Slew keys, you can configure them on the standard FSX key configuration page.

zs-kev

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 01:09:14 pm »
Ok, I see! I was trying to change the key settings in normal mode, not slew mode. So now it works!

Thanks. Then I think I will go and buy it!

Kevin