Author Topic: Black baggage loaders **SOLVED**  (Read 3616 times)

WebMaximus

Black baggage loaders **SOLVED**
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:26:01 pm »
Recently re-installed a fresh copy of the new version of PMDG's NGX (SP1d) and after doing this strangely enough I noticed how the GSX baggage loaders are now all black.

I do realize this can hardly be related to the fact I re-installed the NGX but my guess rather is that is have something to do with the shadows settings in DX10 Scenery Fixer. Didn't use shadows before since they wouldn't work with the NGX but now that the NGX do support virtual cockpit shadows of course I would like to use them. Then again it could of course be something completely different causing this.

Tried re-installing the SA Addon Manager to no avail.

Here's a screenshot what it looks like and as you can see it's only the baggage loaders that are affected, all other object both from GSX and others look just fine and normal.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:35:50 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

Re: Black baggage loaders
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »
Asked about my issue over in the DX10 Scenery Fixer support forum and Steve the developer of DX10 Scenery Fixer told me the problem might be I have some missing textures and he also told me I can use a switch in fsx.cfg under the Scenery section called ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 to receive a popup whenever a missing texture is called.

So I tried this at ESNQ where I noticed this problem earlier today and also grabbed the screenshot seen above and looks like Steve was right because as soon as I started GSX and chose to customize this airport-customize vehicle positions to have all GSX vehicles show up I got numerous popups reporting missing textures.

These were the textures reported missing:

GSX_BODY_1.DDS
GSX_BODY_1_LM.DDS
GSX_HEAD_1.DDS
GSX_BAGGAGE.DDS
GSX_BAGGAGE_LM.DDS
RIFL1.DDS
GSX_SHADOW.DDS
GSX_LOGO_4X1.DDS

So now my question is why are these textures reported as missing and what do I need to do to fix it? As I mentioned in my previous post I already tried re-installing the SA Addon Manager to no avail. Is there something else I need to reinstall to get these reported missing textures back in place so I don't get these black baggage loaders? Maybe I should try re-installing GSX and/or the gsx_vehicles_update_fsx_setup file?

Should also mention that if I do the same thing when parked at ESSA the baggage loaders look just fine as seen in the screenshot below so it appears only some of the GSX baggage loaders suffer from this issue and I guess that's because they are using a different repaint/texture which isn't missing.

Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:14:53 pm »
Happy to say it looks like running the GSX vehicle update file solved the problem as seen below

Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:35:45 pm »
Whenever you have black textures, it's always a missing texture. A missing texture in GSX can only be caused by not having installed a vehicle update which was released after the date of the installer you originally used to install GSX. Vehicle liveries are not automatically updated with the Live Update system, only the actual GSX code is, and I believe the manual says that.

Also, the full installer is always kept updated so, to be sure you have all the latest vehicles liveries, either download one of the vehicles updates, or simply download and install the latest full installer.

WebMaximus

Re: Black baggage loaders **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 11:43:37 pm »
Thanks Umberto, problem solved by re-installing the GSX vehicle update file.
Richard Åsberg