Author Topic: No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules **SOLVED**  (Read 3383 times)

abueren

No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules **SOLVED**
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »
Hello,

I've been using your software with all airports and GSX for years without trouble. Today all of the sudden, the addonmanager disappeared with coatl out of the menu, the FSDT-airports and gsx and obviously coatl are not working anymore. I tried your suggestions:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7780.msg64351.html#msg64351
- did not help.

Although the simconnect-Part was not possible as the folder you suggested doesn't exist in my Windows 7 installation.

The only unusual event I noticed right before it happened: I was using Flytampa KBOS and noticed that the Afcad-File from MyTraffic was still active. I erased that while the sim was still running and consequently got an error (something) with scenery.dat and so on.

Could that have anything to do with this problem? After having wasted half a Sunday afternoon, I'm really frustrated and would be glad to get some suggestion of waht to do.
Thanks
Adrian
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:48:39 pm by virtuali »

abueren

Re: No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »
...it seems to have cleared up though I have no idea why. Funny enough, as a last measure I only uninstalled the VC2005 Redistributables and only installed GSX again. - no it seems to work. The menus are back and GSX works as well
Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »
...it seems to have cleared up though I have no idea why. Funny enough, as a last measure I only uninstalled the VC2005 Redistributables and only installed GSX again. - no it seems to work. The menus are back and GSX works as well

The latest version of GSX and Addon Manager now requires the VC++ 2013 runtimes (although FSX itself will still need the 2005 runtimes), and the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager will install them automatically.

abueren

Re: No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:28:09 am »
I'm having the problem again after having switched to DirectX10-Preview the flight before. Can that create problems with coatl?
Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX anymore, no entries in Addon-Modules **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
I'm having the problem again after having switched to DirectX10-Preview the flight before. Can that create problems with coatl?

Nobody ever reported such problem before. Try to download the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft, this shouldn't be necessary, because they are installed automatically by our installer (provided you have used the latest version), but it might be worth trying it anyway:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Use the x86 version.