Author Topic: Coutatl Problem on and off add-on menu  (Read 4767 times)

Hal

Coutatl Problem on and off add-on menu
« on: July 08, 2015, 01:51:50 am »
This my continuing problem. At some point couatl no longer shows on the add on manager menu. Of course then I can't get any buildings at supported airports. Couatl is still on my computer, it just doesn't show on the menu. If I restart my PC and load FSX couatl is back on the add-on menu and everything works. It remains on the menu for a certain amount of time, but at some point it drops off the menu again and I have to restart. I've deleted couatl and installed the latest version several times to no avail. I guess I can live with the restart, but after a restart it takes FSX much longer to load. It would be nice to solve this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutatl Problem on and off add-on menu
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
Try to install the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Hal

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:03:43 pm »
I may have found what's causing the problem. I was going to delete my current couatl and reinstall. When I attempted to delete the current install  I got the message "folder can't be deleted currently being used by another program". This, even though FSX was closed. I opened the task Manager and clicked on the Processes Tab. Sure enough couatl.exe was shown as running. I did END PROCESS, opened FSX and couatl was back on the add on manager menu. Apparently, on my setup coualt  was on some occasions not closing even after FSX had been closed. For some reason this caused it to disappear from the add on manager menu???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:35:54 pm »
Apparently, on my setup coualt  was on some occasions not closing even after FSX had been closed. For some reason this caused it to disappear from the add on manager menu???

If FSX doesn't close cleanly, or you restart it too quickly after an exit, without allowing enough time to release all open files and launched executables, it's possible that Couatl.exe might not be given the chance to be closed and, in this case, is entirely normal you won't see its menu, since a copy running from a previous execution cannot restore the communication channel with a new FSX startup. They can only talk if they are both launched in the same execution.