Author Topic: No Follow Truck Option and Shift+F Key command **SOLVED**  (Read 5833 times)

Mithras

No Follow Truck Option and Shift+F Key command **SOLVED**
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:54:49 pm »
hi, I love this product. Very nice! I have rwo minopr issues though.

1) GSX works great at the gate, I'm very happy! weirdly, after experimenting with the key shortcuts, I reset it to CtL F12 but that no longer works, instead GSX only opens with Shift F, the fuel truck command. No big deal though.

2) Perhaps related, I have never been able to get the menu to appear once I leave a runway after landing. Is there sonething I'm doing wrong, I wonder. I enable patking breaks, but nothing, ctl f12, ctl shift F12, Shift F, nothing happens. Its not a feature I would use AZlOT, but I'd like to see it in action.

Has anyone had similar troubles?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:24:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Follow Truck Option and Shift+F Key command
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »
1) GSX works great at the gate, I'm very happy! weirdly, after experimenting with the key shortcuts, I reset it to CtL F12 but that no longer works, instead GSX only opens with Shift F, the fuel truck command. No big deal though.

The most likely cause is another addon that already use the same keys, so you must change them, either in GSX, or in the other addon.

2) Perhaps related, I have never been able to get the menu to appear once I leave a runway after landing.

Surely it's related, after touch down, the GSX menu is immediately available to allow you to select a parking to be prepared for service (and request a Follow Me), without doing anything special. But if your keys are not working, nothing will come out.

Mithras

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »
Ha, I think I do have another command mapped to F12 ... will give it a try!

Mithras

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:17 pm »
That didnt work, ah well, I can still use GSX.
I was flying my favourite Britten Norman Islander and just for a laugh at a small regional in the Fominican Republic, thought I'd have a go at GSX, I assumed the big airport stuff would come out, but was blown away when a little luggage cart emerged, a small minivan carrying 10 passengers and a little catering van... I never thought GSX catered for us bush pilots and twin fanatics.

Brilliant!

Mithras

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:40 pm »
I wonder ... This is probably a key allocation isn't it? i've cleared CTL + F12, with no effect. Could I reinstall my gSX so that it eipse all key assignments and settings?

I've tried this twice, but something was still on my system, because GSX remembered my registration codel i need a complrtely clean reinstall, that might fix it...

Can you help?

Thanks, Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »
I wonder ... This is probably a key allocation isn't it? i've cleared CTL + F12, with no effect.

If you just clear it, it won't work, you must also reassign to something that is not used by another addon. Try TAB+F12, for example.

Could I reinstall my gSX so that it eipse all key assignments and settings?

Reinstalling GSX won't remove your preferences, which is standard practice for software. If you remove the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Keymapping.ini file, the key assignment will go back to default but, of course, if another addon is using the keys used by GSX, this won't change anything, you must remove the conflict.

I've tried this twice, but something was still on my system, because GSX remembered my registration codel

What the registration code has anything to do with this ? And, it's just normal that uninstalling would not remove your activation, there's a Deactivate function in the Addon Manager to do that, but as I've said, this doesn't have anything to do with registration, so it's no use doing it.

i need a complrtely clean reinstall, that might fix it...

No, it won't, because the problem is not GSX, if the keys are not working, it can only mean another addon is using them, so either you use another key combination in GSX, or in that other addon.

Mithras

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:19 pm »
I don't think I made myself clear ... I mentioned the registration, because it suggested to me that the whatever I did messing about with the key assignments, was still being remembered. I thought I might restore everything to default so zi might start afresh. However, your comment about the key assignment file is exactly what I need. I can start again, and be more methodical about things.

Thanks.

Mithras

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:09:47 pm »
Ha yes, that worked! Deleting the file reset the key assignment. I have marshals, follow me cars and the default key press!

Cool!