Author Topic: lost couatl after installing new KDFW **SOLVED**  (Read 6133 times)

phmcr

lost couatl after installing new KDFW **SOLVED**
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:10:44 am »
Hi,

I installed the KDFW update but that lead to bglmanx error messages.
I then uninstalled the old KDFW version and installed a fresh download. That solved the bglmanx problems and at first it worked correctly.
But after a restart, the KDFW terminals do not show up any more. Furthermore I noticed I do not have Couatl anymore in my FSX add-on drop down menu. GSX doesn't work either.
According to the Add-On Manager though both apps are installed and active.

From what I have read in this forum Couatl is needed to display the buildings.
So how to restore Couatl?

Thank you,
Menno
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:25:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: lost couatl after installing new KDFW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:28:47 pm »
- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery you just removed.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

phmcr

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »
Thank you. The first option solved it.

Menno

phmcr

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:37:22 pm »
Ah. but GSX doesn't work. Ctrl F12 only activates the hangar doors in KDFW.
Re-install GSX as well?

Menno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:54:17 pm »
Ah. but GSX doesn't work. Ctrl F12 only activates the hangar doors in KDFW. Re-install GSX as well?

When  you uninstalled Couatl, it removed everything related to it, including GSX so yes, you must reinstall it.

phmcr

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:05 am »
thank you, all solved!

Menno

viper1740

Re: lost couatl after installing new KDFW **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:25:12 pm »
This should be a "stickie" up on top for everyone to see.  This helped me resolve my CTD issue with couatl and it only happened at DFW.

Hnla

Re: lost couatl after installing new KDFW **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:22:57 am »
This should be a "stickie" up on top for everyone to see.  This helped me resolve my CTD issue with couatl and it only happened at DFW.

Do you think people would actually *Read* the "sticky"? Umberto has hundreds of things "sticky-ed" and pinned, and yet nobody reads them and just post a support topic anyway.