Author Topic: Scenery NOT showing up after install  (Read 9560 times)

vl111

Scenery NOT showing up after install
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:13:35 pm »
i installed the scenery, but it is not showing up. see attached screens.

p.s. the cloud9's bglman.dll was updated and their bglman.dat i deleted, leaving only the bglman_fsdt.dat installed by the Zurich scenery

Michael_LOWW

Re: Scenery NOT showing up after install
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:07 pm »
I am having the same problem without having changed anything. Any advice?

Best regards,

Michael

vl111

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:47:22 am »
If you don't see the buildings, but you do see the Addon Manager, there's NOTHING wrong with Addon Manger, there's nothing wrong about having installed a wrong version, there's nothing wrong with Cloud9 products. If there was, you'd either had a clear message asking to update, or (in some cases were your version was *really* old, a crash)

The scenery might fail to appear also for reasons totally independent from Addon Manager or activation. Remember: if there's a problem with registration or activation, the scenery will NOT disappear. It will go in Trial mode, meaning it will disappear after 5 minutes but, before that, it will run fine.

Some reasons why the scenery might disappear at start.

- A double entry for Zurich in the SCENERY.CFG file. A double entry surely will make the scenery disappear.

- A missing BGL. Have you tried to simply reinstall it, without uninstalling first ?

- A SCENERY.CFG that contained illegal commands or hand-edited lines with illegal names or keywords. This might confuse the installer, that can't figure out about area list, if there's something wrong with the SCENERY.CFG, thus not being able to add it.

Please check Zurich it's in the Scenery Library. If not, just add it manually. There are two areas to be added: Zurich and Zurich Terrain. Terrain should be lower than Zurich and both should be, ideally, on top of everything else.

However, I need you to be more precise about what you meant by saying the the scenery disappears: does it disappear after some minutes, like the Trial, or it simply doesn't show up right from the start ? In this case, did it work before, when it was in  Trial ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:51:22 pm by virtuali »

vl111

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:04:14 pm »
i did everything u say, i even deleted ALL the entries from scenery.cfg leaving only standart photo-terrans and addon scenery line + ofcourse zurich. still same effect.
and the scenery IS NOT disappearing - i didnt say that - i it's not appearing in the first place AT ALL!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:15:01 pm »
and the scenery IS NOT disappearing - i didnt say that - i it's not appearing in the first place AT ALL!

Are you using FS9.1, right ?

That's shouldn't happen. I guess there's must be something else in conflict.

Just wait a little bit, I might send you a special diagnostic version via email, that might help understanding what's going on in your machine.

Kofi

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 03:16:08 am »
I also have the same problem (no buildings)

1) I have Cloud 9 Addon Manger 1.30 installed
2) I checked my scenery.cfg and I don't have any double entries for Zurich...
3) I also got the blg deleted message on starting FS2004
4) I then had to re-install Cloud 9 Addon Manger 1.30 just to get the rest of my Cloud 9 products to work again

Still, no buildings with Zurich...

Thank you...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:13:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:17:55 pm »
I also got the blg deleted message on starting FS2004

Can you please be more specific about this message ? What exactly said ?

For those that reinstalled Cloud9 Addon Manager after installing Zurich: Cloud9 version of the DLL is older than ours. The only reason to update Cloud9 installer, is to update Addon Manager database (BGLMAN.DAT file) to the new version .

Addon Manager that comes with Zurich is, of course, backward compatibile with Cloud9 products but the Cloud9 one is not with Zurich: it might be that the Cloud9 installer overwrote our DLL by mistake. Something that shouldn't normally happen, because both DLL have version information embedded.

To check for this, verify ( biy right-clicking on bglman.dll and select "Properties" ) that you have 1.0.0.36 version, that one required by Zurich. If it's older, just delete the DLL only, and reinstall Zurich, without uninstalling it.

Kofi

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:37 pm »
Virtuali,
When I install Zurich, I get the BGLMAN.DLL error (meaning that the Cloud 9 version is deleted).

Kofi,

I've asked you to be more precise: it's impossible to understand what's going on if you said something as generic as "bglman.dll error". Which error ? It's a generic Windows alert that Flight Simulator has crashed in bglman.dll ? Or it's something else ?

If it's bglman.dll that crashes, it's quite obvious you don't see any buildings, and Cloud9 sceneries do not work, they all require bglman.dll to run so, if we can't sort it out why it crashes, there's no way for the sceneries to reapper again.

Reasons for crashing are usually the antivirus, or, under Vista, DEP. Please, follow all the suggestions in the troubleshooting section of the fsdt_install_guide.pdf document found in the fsdreamteam\zurich folder

If you still can't make it run after having followed that guide, contact me via email, I'll help you out directly.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:55:15 pm by virtuali »

vl111

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:05 am »
still no solution for this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 12:08:25 pm »
still no solution for this problem?

I still haven't understand exactly what you are seeing.

If you see the Addon Manager menu, then it's something related to scenery.cfg or other scenery in conflict

If you don't see the Addon Manager menu, then it's something related to Addon Manager not having being loaded, for some reason. The more typical reasons for this are usually:

- Antivirus not turned off. It must be turned off both during installation and during running. Even better than turning it off, you should exclude the FS2004\modules folder from scanning.

- Old version of the Addon Manager. If you want to be absolutely sure to use the correct one, delete bglman.dll, bglman.dat and bglman_fsdt.dat from the FS2004\modules folder, and reinstall Zurich, in order to let the installer to put the last version (that one that comes with Zurich) at the right place.

vl111

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 01:59:05 pm »
the addon manager DOES show, but no scenery
and there is no conflict, why are you so UNATTENTIVE??? I did say that i removed everything form scenery.cfg except zurich and generic entries. see posts up!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 04:41:49 pm »
the addon manager DOES show, but no scenery and there is no conflict, why are you so UNATTENTIVE???

This is the first time you clarify you DO see the Addon Manager menu. Up to now, you were only repeating that you don't see any buildings. My first question was to understand if the buildings disappear at the end of the trial or not, and that was done just to understand if the Addon Manager was running.

Yes, there are other people not seeing the buildings, but the *reason* for this is not the same. Some are not able to run the Addon Manager for some reason, you are the only one that sees the Addon Manager menu, but no buildings.

There are the only possible reasons for not being able to see the buildings with the Addon Manager running fine:

- There's another BGL in conflict that is excluding Zurich. Note: It's not always a conflict in scenery.cfg. It might also be a stray BGL coming from who know were, that has been installed in one of the main scenery folders, perhaps coming from a product you even forgot to have it installed. If you aren't able to identify the culprit, I'm afraid there's no other solution that reinstall FS9.

- You are not running FS9.1.

- You are running an old version of the Addon Manager. To be absolutely sure you have the latest one (it's 1.0.0.36, and it's coming with Zurich installer), delete bglman.dll and bglman.dat from your MODULES and run Zurich installer again.