Author Topic: Scenery Layers  (Read 4208 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Scenery Layers
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:19:23 pm »
I'm having a problem with FSD KDFW as well as some other addon airports:  my plane is in a 100' sink hole.  I must have something out of order in my scenery.cfg file but I'm not sure about the proper order.  Can you take a look at it.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery Layers
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 04:42:20 pm »
Altitude problems like that are always caused by 3rd party Mesh sceneries. Opposite to any other kind of scenery, a Mesh scenery DOES NOT respect the layering of the Scenery Library. Instead, the Mesh with the highest nominal resolution will always "win", no matter the priority.

In any case, looking at your scenery.cfg, it shows you have all the OrbX areas on an higher priority than the airports, and this is surely wrong. Airports should always be on top of everything else, which is where our installers puts them by default.

However, for the reasons explained above, it's not sure this will fix the problem (although you should do it anyway), because if a Mesh has an altitude problem, and it has an higher resolution than default, it will affect an airport regardless how low its priority.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Re: Scenery Layers
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:02:26 pm »
Altitude problems like that are always caused by 3rd party Mesh sceneries. Opposite to any other kind of scenery, a Mesh scenery DOES NOT respect the layering of the Scenery Library. Instead, the Mesh with the highest nominal resolution will always "win", no matter the priority.

In any case, looking at your scenery.cfg, it shows you have all the OrbX areas on an higher priority than the airports, and this is surely wrong. Airports should always be on top of everything else, which is where our installers puts them by default.

However, for the reasons explained above, it's not sure this will fix the problem (although you should do it anyway), because if a Mesh has an altitude problem, and it has an higher resolution than default, it will affect an airport regardless how low its priority.

Fixed the problem.  Put airports on top, then I was reminded by Rob Newman at FTX that I needed to run the FTX Vector Configurator to remove its elevation corrections for my addon airports.  One more problem down.  Probably several more to go.  I had FSX working really well before that virus came along.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND