Author Topic: GSX help  (Read 2309 times)

pilotwil

GSX help
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:02:59 am »
Using this link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10328.0

I have tried to solve my GSX dissapearing. When I go to reinstall GSX I get this error: The following are using files that need to be updated by Setup. It is recommended that you allow setup to automatically close these applications. After the installation is completed, Setup will attempt to restart the applications.

Couatlâ„¢ Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP

After I click "Automatically close the applications, I get this error: Setup was unable to automatically close all the applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by Setup before continuing.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:36:20 am »
After I click "Automatically close the applications, I get this error: Setup was unable to automatically close all the applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by Setup before continuing.

It seems you launched the installer with FSX still running, before the Couatl.exe was able to be shutdown by FSX shutting down. The installer tries to shut down too, but it doesn't always work.

A reinstall after a Windows reboot will surely fix this.