Author Topic: [Video] Lights shimmering in KLAX  (Read 3806 times)

georgek

[Video] Lights shimmering in KLAX
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:52:27 am »
I have my AA cranked up 8xSGSS and 0 Bloom. I have virtually a shimming/flicker free sim (GTX980, 4790K@5.0GHZ, 32GBRAM)

My KLAX lighting at night lookS horrible and flickers. Is it maybe overlapping with REX, VECTOR, or Aerosofts' US Cities LA? I have read both manuals and treated each addon accordingly. Nothing touches on my issue.

I have uploaded a video to better understand (there is a similar post however I wanted to do this to be certain you see what I am referring too.)

I am aware of the overall P3D v2.5+ shimmer issues but this is right around intolerable for me :(

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:55:25 am by georgek »

georgek

Re: [Video] Lights shimmering in KLAX
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:59:02 am »
I took off HDR lighting and it fixed my issue, however, I really like HDR lighting in P3D.....sucks that I probably need to choose?

Any pointers from support?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:15:35 am »
The issue is, the final effect as seen in P3D when using HDR keeps changing between each release so, we cannot keep changing the scenery to adjust to the new versions, and I'd say that, comparing to real world night time videos, your video is not that far off, and the big issue that always plagued FSX, is that runway lights were always far too weak.

The flicker is obviously entirely out of our control so, is that distracts you too much, you simply have to choose between using HDR or not.

georgek

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »
The issue is, the final effect as seen in P3D when using HDR keeps changing between each release so, we cannot keep changing the scenery to adjust to the new versions, and I'd say that, comparing to real world night time videos, your video is not that far off, and the big issue that always plagued FSX, is that runway lights were always far too weak.

The flicker is obviously entirely out of our control so, is that distracts you too much, you simply have to choose between using HDR or not.

Anyway we could maybe get a custom .bgl file to compensate for this? or is that too much to ask for? :D lol I love my HDR in P3D and I have bought tons of FSDT products

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:45:15 pm by georgek »