Author Topic: Exit4 with Aerosoft A320 CFM  (Read 8479 times)

robi68

Exit4 with Aerosoft A320 CFM
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:37:56 pm »
Hello,

I have something to ask about exit4 (i. e. pax4 or AFT LEFT door as indicated in the aircraft).

1. With boarding/deboarding operations, at the above mentioned door a ladder appears though
the chosen gate (at LIMC) has a jetway (of course bound to the pax1 door).
Is that correct and regular or is there any issue related to this exit? - infact it seems strange to me having a jetway fore AND a ladder aft.

2. During the catering procedure, when the 2 vehicles are in postion, GSX correctly requests to open service1
and service2 doors (i. e. rispectively front and aft right doors as depicted in the aircraft). But If I do so, nothing happens and GSX keeps asking me the same thing. In order to proceed with the operation, I strangely need to open the exit4 instead (i. e. pax4 or AFT LEFT door as said before).
Could somebody tell me why is that?
I tried to change the code assignment to this door in the GSX.cfg but the operation starts by opening this door (and this door only) all the same, even though it is removed!

Thanks in advance,

Roberto A.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:49:25 pm by robi68 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exit4 with Aerosoft A320 CFM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
Is that correct and regular or is there any issue related to this exit? - infact it seems strange to me having a jetway fore AND a ladder aft.

Yes, it's normal, and it has been asked many times: rear stairs on a jetway gate might not be so common in the US, but are quite usual in Europe, and are used by service/cleaing crew.

I tried to change the code assignment to this door in the GSX.cfg but the operation starts by opening this door (and this door only) all the same, even though it is removed!

You surely made some error trying to customize it. The Airbus is internally supported by GSX, so there's no need to customized it in the first place. Use the "Reset" button in the airplane configuration editor to restore it to the configuration that comes with GSX, and it will surely work.

robi68

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt answer.
I did as you suggested, that is, from the aircraft configuration panel, I reset and discarded every customization. Here are the results of my following tests, which are not too good!

Please note that each operation begins with all the doors closed; the names of the doors are the same used
In the aircraft.

Deboarding
GSX -> waiting for exit2 to open
My action -> open FRONT LEFT door (=pax1)
GSX -> starts disembarking of passengers (OK).
GSX -> again waits for exit2 to open for baggage unloading
My action -> open FRONT and AFT CARGO doors.
GSX -> keeps waiting for exit2 to open (for baggage unloading)
My action -> open AFT LEFT door (=pax4)
GSX -> starts unloading baggage (as you see, instead of the cargo ones, the door that triggers the operation is the pax4 door!)

Catering
GSX -> waiting for exit3 to open
My action -> open FRONT RIGHT and AFT RIGHT doors (=service1 and service2)
GSX -> keeps waiting for exit3 to open
My action -> open FRONT CARGO door
GSX -> the operation begins (as you see, instead of the service doors, the one that triggers the operation is the cargo1!)

Boarding
GSX -> waiting for exit1 to open
My action -> open FRONT LEFT (=pax1)
GSX -> the passengers begin boarding
GSX -> waiting for exit2 to open (for baggage loading)
My action -> open FRONT and AFT CARGO doors.
GSX -> keeps waiting for exit2 to open (for baggage loading)
My action -> open AFT LEFT door (=pax4)
GSX -> starts loading baggage (as you see, instead of the cargo ones, the door that triggers the operation is the pax4 door!)

I hope this may help.

Roberto A.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 11:50:21 pm »
GSX -> waiting for exit2 to open

If you see GSX calling the door "exit2", it means the airplane hasn't been recognized, because when GSX is indicating doors with a generic Exit1, 2, 3, 4 name, is a clear sign that the internal configuration is not being used. When the internal configuration is active, you'll see doors referenced by the SAME name they are used by the airplane developer.

The possible reasons why the internal configuration is in use might be:

- You still haven't reset the custom configuration.

- If you have, it's possible you might have placed a (wrong, or made before we supported the airplane, or downloaded from someplace )GSX.CFG file in your main Airplane folder under the FSX\Simobjects\ folder, together with the airplane.cfg. THIS GSX.CFG file will NOT be reset by the "Reset" option, because the main airplane folder is supposed to be used by airplane developers to supply a GSX configuration together with the airplane, which is supposed to have been tested, so it's NOT Reset by the "Reset" button, which will "reset" only YOUR configuration (located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali).

So, check if you have another GSX.CFG in the main airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\ and remove it.

- The main airplane folder name is not the one GSX expects to be. This might happen if you renamed the folder, or you installed some kind of new variant of the airplane GSX doesn't know about it.

What's the name of the main airplane folder name ?

robi68

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:58:57 pm »
Hi,

There is no GSX.cfg file in the main aircraft folder. I checked also the folder %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM which was empty. The name of the main aircraft folder is Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM, as you could also see by looking at the folder created during my previous customization.

Thanks,

Roberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »
There is no GSX.cfg file in the main aircraft folder. I checked also the folder %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM which was empty. The name of the main aircraft folder is Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM, as you could also see by looking at the folder created during my previous customization.

The only possible explanation is the folder you are looking at in the Windows explorer, it's not the one used by the airplane you are using. You can check this, by enabling logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, restart FSX and load the airplane.

Then, exit from FSX and check the Couatl.LOG file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. The last lines should tell you the exact name of the airplane folder FSX is loading, and from which source GSX is taking the configuration from.

robi68

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:24 pm »
Hello,

Following your suggestions, I checked the file log and found these lines toward the end of the file (see also
the attachment):

Starting system monitors
Current locale is Italian_Italy.1252
SharedMemInterface connected
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1
Using aircraft data from intelliscene.cfg
Loading airport LIMC from C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Sim-Giants/SG-LIMC/scenery/SGLIMC030.BGL
SharedMemInterface created
disconnected from SimConnect.

So, as you can see, the folder I had indicated seems correct.
Maybe meanwhile Aerosoft made some changes to the aircraft internal configuration and...

Do you think it is anyway possible to solve the problem simply by means of the customization as I had tried to do?

Thanks,

Roberto

ps. I attached the log file.

robi68

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »
Hi again,

I'm glad to tell you that I found the problem! It was only that my GSX sw was not up to date!
Of course, before starting this topic, I had already checked for GSX updates and found one about the
standalone addon manager, but, thinking it was indeed about the manager app. only, I had ignored it!

After installing the update I could see that everything worked fine!

Thank you for your help which made me a little more learned about your great FSX addon!

Bye,

Roberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 09:41:51 pm »
I'm glad to tell you that I found the problem! It was only that my GSX sw was not up to date!

Yes, because Aerosoft changed the folder names in more recent releases, so the new folders were recognized only starting a certain update.