Author Topic: Little error on install to FSX SE **SOLVED**  (Read 6500 times)

flaviossa

Little error on install to FSX SE **SOLVED**
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:44:58 am »
Hello Humberto,
I´m seeing this always when i try to install GSX to a VANILA FSX SE. Tried 2 times.
"Error, when creating patched vehicles airport, restoring from backup now".

I read other topics and aparently gsx installer failed to move vehicles_airport.bgl to some place.
The file vehicles_airport.bgl is still on it´s place, x:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery after this two gsx install attempts.

I have P3Dv2 2.4 installed in another place and the installation of GSX went perfectly. Again, i only have P3Dv2 and FSX SE (No FSX DVD old installation)

Is there a way to correct this manualy?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:14:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Little error on install to FSX SE
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 11:24:57 am »
I´m seeing this always when i try to install GSX to a VANILA FSX SE. Tried 2 times. "Error, when creating patched vehicles airport, restoring from backup now".

You don't have the latest installer.

flaviossa

Re: Re: Little error on install to FSX SE
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 11:34:15 am »
I download it 30 minutes before my I initial message above! I'll try again.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:37:52 pm »
I confirm it doesn't happen with the current version of the installer.

I read other topics and aparently gsx installer failed to move vehicles_airport.bgl to some place.

No forum thread here ever suggested the problem was that GSX installer tried to "move" any files. As explained in all the threads that discussed it, it tries to PATCH the default airport vehicles file, in order to get rid of the default pushback truck.

The error means it file couldn't be patched, because the file has been modified from default. Since the FSX:SE and FSX versions of the file are different, you need the latest installer to recognize both of them and yes, we had a problem with the very first version of the Steam-compatible installer, but the current one is fine.

Douglas.Matos

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:54:29 pm »
hmm ... I conducted download the new installer yesterday and am having the same problem of Flaviossa ...  ???
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:55:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:02:50 pm »
I ran the installer now, and I confirm the problem doesn't happen.

In any case, it's not really an issue, the only reason to patch that file, is to remove the default pushback truck so you might just see two pushback truck (GSX and default) but since they don't start in the same place, this is not a problem and won't have any effect on GSX operations.

You can achieve the same results by turning down your default airport ground traffic slider, so you'll only have GSX vehicles in any case.

flaviossa

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:48:02 pm »
Ok, I tried again today with a fresh download of gsx installer (Ver. 1.9.0.3 and 88,1mb size) and the error still is there when installing. But If the only side effect is in default ground vehicles still show in FS than i will disable this bgl manually. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:01:37 pm »
Ok, I tried again today with a fresh download of gsx installer (Ver. 1.9.0.3 and 88,1mb size) and the error still is there when installing.

That's not the current version, the current version that is online now is 1.9.0.4 and it has been there since yesterday so, try to clear your browser cache and download it again, and be sure you install that one, not an eariler version you might have downloaded before.

flaviossa

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 02:12:54 pm »
Ok. Download it again and now it shows 1.9.0.4. That did the trick and no more warning messages. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Douglas.Matos

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »
Version 1.9.0.4 here. I continue with the installation error
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:52:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 03:51:59 pm »
Version 1.9.0.4 here. I continue with the installation error

What "installation error" ? That the vehicles haven't been patched ? If yes, it both doesn't happen with that version (as confirmed by the user flaviossa) and it's not even a real error, see the explanation above.

If you have another error, then please say which one.

Douglas.Matos

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:54:22 pm »
Here the problem is: "Error, When creating patched vehicles airport, from restoring backup now".

Happening in the current version (1.9.0.4). I followed the directions mentioned and nothing yet, some other solution? Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:55:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:49 pm »
Happening in the current version (1.9.0.4). I followed the directions mentioned and nothing yet, some other solution? Thank you for your attention.

As I've said, the error doesn't happen with the current (1.9.0.4) version, as confirmed by the user flaviossa that posted just before you. Just to be 100% sure, I tried it again and no, it doesn't happen.

Do you want to me to check your system with Teamviewer ? If yes, contact me in private to arrange a session.

Douglas.Matos

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 04:17:14 pm »

As I've said, the error doesn't happen with the current (1.9.0.4) version, as confirmed by the user flaviossa that posted just before you. Just to be 100% sure, I tried it again and no, it doesn't happen.

Do you want to me to check your system with Teamviewer ? If yes, contact me in private to arrange a session.

I contacted the support and the problem has already been solved.

Thank you for all the attention!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:17:11 pm by Douglas.Matos »