Author Topic: Strange message after latest Addon Manager installation  (Read 2353 times)

vivalasvegas

Strange message after latest Addon Manager installation
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:30:02 am »
Installed latest Addon Manager version 2.9.0.24 and got strange message: "Your c:\users\al\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\dll.xml has not been modified by this installation."  Ever since then I have lost some entries in my FSX add-on drop down list.  The only ones I have now are Couatl-powered products and Addon Manager. I lost FSUIPC, Accufeel, PMDG, etc. I noticed that Addon Manager appeared to make a backup of my previous dll.xml called "dll.xml.addonmanager.xml" There is also a file called "exe.xml" in that directory.  I think renaming the "dll.xml.addonmanager.xml" to dll.xml may fix the problem, but I would like your input before I do it.

Thanks for your help!

vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange message after latest Addon Manager installation
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:45:54 am »
Installed latest Addon Manager version 2.9.0.24 and got strange message: "Your c:\users\al\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\dll.xml has not been modified by this installation." 

The message said something else: it said your XML file was ALREADY corrupted, and indicated the line of the error. It also asked:

"Since your DLL.XML file was already corrupted, do you want to create a new one ?"

You replied YES to this question so, obviously, a new DLL.XML was created and of course, since it's new, it would only contains the Addon Manager and Couatl lines.

The message continued with:

"A new and correct DLL.XML file has been created. Your old file has been renamed as: "dll.xml_before_addonmanager.xml"

Ever since then I have lost some entries in my FSX add-on drop down list.  The only ones I have now are Couatl-powered products and Addon Manager. I lost FSUIPC, Accufeel, PMDG, etc.

Of course. You told the installer to create a new file to replace your already-corrupted one.

I noticed that Addon Manager appeared to make a backup of my previous dll.xml called "dll.xml.addonmanager.xml"

Of course it did, this is what it said.

There is also a file called "exe.xml" in that directory.  I think renaming the "dll.xml.addonmanager.xml" to dll.xml may fix the problem, but I would like your input before I do it.

Of course it will, but it won't fix the already existing problem with the corrupted XML. It will just restore your corrupted version, so you must still fix manually, after having restored it from the backup.