Author Topic: Install GSX fail  (Read 3223 times)

meteor0506

Install GSX fail
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:42:04 pm »
Hi All,

I want to update to GSX 1.9.
I removed the old version GSX 1.6 first.
Then install the GSX 1.9, but there is an error like attached file "IMG_0297.JPG".
And then the system reboot automatically.

After system reboot, I tried to install GSX 1.9 again.
This time, it doesn't have above error, but has another error message like attached file "error2.jpg".

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install GSX fail
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »
After system reboot, I tried to install GSX 1.9 again.
This time, it doesn't have above error, but has another error message like attached file "error2.jpg".

Please help me to solve this problem.

That LOOKS like a bugged antivirus has mistakenly removed files the installer downloads, so it couldn't install them. As explained, many times already on the forum, when your antivirus is bugged, you must:

- Download and install with the antivirus turned entirely OFF

- Before running the antivirus, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe
FSX\bglmanx.dll

meteor0506

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:44 am »
Hi virtuali,

Thanks for your information.
But I has two windows7 systems in my computer.
One is for general use in C:. This has install antivirus.
Another is for FSX only in D:. This doesn't has install antivirus.

Is it still possible happen this issue?
PS: I down load the file by general use system then reboot and install GSX by FSX use system.

Update: I tried to download the installer again from FSX system and execute the installer.
It still fail, the error message is like attached file "IMG_0299.JPG".
Is it possible other problem? Please help to solve this problem, because it seems like all FSDreamTeam addon which I bought are not work now.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:48:20 am by meteor0506 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:15:24 am »
Update: I tried to download the installer again from FSX system and execute the installer. It still fail, the error message is like attached file "IMG_0299.JPG".
Is it possible other problem? Please help to solve this problem, because it seems like all FSDreamTeam addon which I bought are not work now.

It's not a problem of the installer, it seems that, while the installer is running, SOMETHING ELSE is removing files that are going to be installed, or blocking access to the target installation folder, and that look exactly like what a bugged antivirus might try to do.

Also, from which location you run the installer from ? Are you trying to run from a network drive or a removable drive ? That might not work, so run the installer from a fixed drive.

Another possible reason is that you are running out of space on your system drive WHILE the installer is running. Before being able to copy files, an installer (any installer) will first decompress ALL its files on a temporary folder, and that usually stays on your system drive (the one Windows boots from) so, even if you start the installer from a drive that has plenty of space left, and your FSX is installed on a drive that has plenty of space left, the installer will STILL need enough space on your system drive in order to decompress itself, so you must be sure you are not running too low of available space on the system drive.

meteor0506

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »
Hi virtuali,

Yes I executed the installer from network drive.
It is work when I execute from locoal drive.

Thanks for your advice.
It is work now.

:D