Author Topic: Computer freeze when activating module  (Read 2852 times)

sepioute

Computer freeze when activating module
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »
Hi,
I just bought a new computer, and I can't activate the Addon Manager for FSx. When I start FSX, a window appears to activate the Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX. I click on Execute, and then another window appears to Execute the Addon manager for FSX, but at that time, I can do nothing. My computer freezes, and I have to reboot it.
FYI, i have the same problem of freezes with PMDG_737NGX_3.dll when I try to install the 737NGX.
Any idea to solve this problem please?
Thanks.
Laurent.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Computer freeze when activating module
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »
i have the same problem of freezes with PMDG_737NGX_3.dll when I try to install the 737NGX.

That seems to indicate a problem with your FSX installation, or your Windows installation. Both our modules and the PMDG dll seems to be victim of it. Nobody ever reported such kind of crash, requiring a reboot. You usually get some kind of error message, but entire PC freezes are usually an indication of something more low-level, like problems with drivers (audio or video). An user program like any module that runs inside FSX, can't possibly hard freeze your system, only a driver could do that.