Author Topic: Install by P3D Academic Licence **SOLVED**  (Read 3090 times)

Ursli80

Install by P3D Academic Licence **SOLVED**
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:39 pm »
Good day

I have the new P3D Academic license added myself.
Now I wanted to install FSDT GSX / LSZH and LSGG.
Now I have the problem that always comes the following error message:
Error when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!
I wanted first then install GXS LSGG and then LSZH as this did not work I wanted to do it with the ADDON Manager and unfortunately did not go well.
When I start P3D, does not even come test time. And I can not activate because to me the Addon Manager does not appear in the task list above also.
What is there for a solution?
regards
Urs
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:24:48 pm by virtuali »
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install by P3D Academic Licence
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:25:28 pm »
Now I have the problem that always comes the following error message: Error when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!

That's not really an error. It either shows that your default vehicles_airport.bgl file is not original anymore, so the installer won't patch it, or it just mean it's missing, because it was removed after you initially installed GSX.

Since the GSX installer obviously made a backup before trying to patch it, that message is simply saying that is restoring from the backup.

If your file is not default, there's nothing else you can do, the file will not be patched (if you used 3rd party ground vehicles replacement sets)

If, instead, the file was missing, now that GSX has restored it from the backup, you might try running the GSX installer again to let the installer another chance to patch it.

The only reason to patch that file, is to remove the default pushback truck, so you won't see both at a parking. It's not usually a problem, since starting positions are usually different in GSX, it's just a cosmetic issue.

And I can not activate because to me the Addon Manager does not appear in the task list above also.

That's an entirely different issue that doesn't have anything to do with the above, and doesn't have anything to do with our products installation either, it's a result of an incomplete P3D installation, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077

Ursli80

Re: Install by P3D Academic Licence
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »
Hello Umberto

Hey that was it! 

Many thanks for the quick reply and help.

friendly greeting
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737