Author Topic: KLAX Scenery Loading Issues  (Read 4062 times)

thomson737

KLAX Scenery Loading Issues
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »
Hello,

I decided to go out and buy this product to do Orlando - Los Angeles routes.

I am having the following issues:

-Depending on camera position, airbridges (jetways) won't show.
-Depending on camera position, airbridges show, but ground markings don't.
-Depending on camera position, both airbridges and ground markings show, but the airbridge 'elevation wheels' don't.
-Other scenery objects, including airport road vehicles, suddenly spawned right in front of me during taxi.

I have attached raw screenshots to show you what I mean. (This was only really a test flight to start with, but hopefully this issue can be solved for future video's.)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX Scenery Loading Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:41:58 pm »
I am having the following issues:

None of the issues you are having are problems of the scenery, and they are entirely normal.

Your screenshots show you are using a very wide zoom setting, and the scenery is heavily optimized for LOD (which is why it doesn't slow down your system to a crawl), and LOD, depending on your screen resolution AND zoom settings, will have less-detailed version of the object to appear.

The scenery has been designed to be used at a zoom level from 0.50 to 0.70, because this is what is considered to be the more realistic setting. If we allowed to use any zoom settings, there would be a visible impact on fps.

In addition to the zoom setting issue, you can control the loading range of smaller objects, using the "Anti pop-up" slider in the Addon Manager. The more you move the slider to the right, the less pop-ups you'll have, but more memory will be used and possibly an fps loss. That's your choice.

thomson737

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 07:32:14 pm »
So it's common even in the VC?

Thanks for the immediate reply and suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:31:38 am »
So it's common even in the VC?

Yes, if you use such wide zoom settings of 0.30, as shown in your screenshot.