Author Topic: vLSO 8.1 Range Checkerror  (Read 4515 times)

Fryman

vLSO 8.1 Range Checkerror
« on: August 04, 2014, 03:54:33 pm »
When I use vLSO 8.1 I get a couple of sound pings and later when I shut down FSX I have two error boxes as follows.
    vLSO Range Checkerror            OK
I am not sure if this is causing a problem. Can someone explain what causes this error?

Mickey_Techy

Re: vLSO 8.1 Range Checkerror
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:47:46 pm »
If it helps, I have these errors too.

I have no clue, how/why they happen and how/why they stop.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:33:29 pm »
Do you get strange sounds before you shut down FSX? And after vLSO's indicator goes red, an error window pops up?
BTW, what is your OS version?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Fryman

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:25 am »
My OS is Win 7 Ultimate. I ran three tests tonight out of Oceana. The carrier was placed about 30 nm off of shore. The winds on the runway were from 241 @5 so RWY 32 was used. During takeoff you fly over Fentress and the vLSO landing cables came up like a carrier. At about this time the two range errors occurred. I minimized FSX and Ok'd the two errors and they never returned during the test. I shut down FSX first and then vLSO with no noises. On the first test I did get an error during shutdown:

vLSO Access violation address 004B5F9 in module vlso.exe Read of address 05249BC.

For each test FSX and vLSO were both turned off between tests. FSX was started first and the Carrier was placed with VRS TaCPack. after the Carrier was placed and the course set vLSO was started. I started to receive carrier information right away. For the third test I took off on RWY 05 away from Fentress. No range errors occurred this time. I shut down vLSO first this time and no noises were heard. During all tests I received landing data. I hope this helps.