Author Topic: Shadow on Pushback truck  (Read 2554 times)

Selkan

Shadow on Pushback truck
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »
Just being really picky here, but I've noticed that when pushing back on a nice sunny day, I get a nice shadow from the walking Marshaller, but the Pushback truck always appears to have a light 'fixed' shadow underneath it that bears no relationship to where the sun shine is coming from.

As I say, the Marshaller, like my plane, has correct shadow in relation to the sun, but not the pushback truck.  Is this something can could be addressed in the future?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Shadow on Pushback truck
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:59:53 am »
As I say, the Marshaller, like my plane, has correct shadow in relation to the sun, but not the pushback truck.  Is this something can could be addressed in the future?

The Marshaller is the only object in GSX to be purposely flagged to cast shadows, because his animation would not look good with a fixed shadw, so it's using the default FSX shadows system, while all the other vehicles are purposely flagged to NOT cast shadows and use a fixed one, for the obvious reason to save fps.

Selkan

Re: Shadow on Pushback truck
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
Hi Virtuali, thanks for explanation.  Any chance the 'flag' could be an option for high end systems that could cope with the drop in FPS?  Just a thought for the future; as I said not a big deal, but the shadow on the Marshaller does help with things looking more realistic.