Author Topic: PMDG 777 passenger stairs  (Read 4042 times)

Rafal

PMDG 777 passenger stairs
« on: August 03, 2014, 07:23:04 pm »
Dear Umberto,

I have the latest GSX version with PMDG 77W support.
The problem is that pax stairs cannot reach the door.
See the picture please (it shows door 2L):

I tried it in a few FSX sessions but did not succeed.
I do not have any custom cfg for 777, just FSDT's latest files.
So I also redownloaded and reinstalled GSX.

FInally I decided to customize the door myself.
But the red/blue/green arrows show the position just right!

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:37:56 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 passenger stairs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »
What can be wrong?

That staircase can reach up to 6.093 mt., and the door's height on the 777 are 5.52 mt. so there's no reason why it couldn't reach it, also because the doors is configured correctly from your screenshot.

The only possible explanation, is that you don't have the last version, you must have installed from an old full installer, because that staircase has been updated to reach higher somewhere in Sept. 2013, and is surely included in all installers released after that date.

Download the current GSX Full installer and be sure you install from that one. Also, be sure you don't have objects from an old installation of the PaintKit, if yes, you must update that one too, because the regular GSX installer won't update anything coming from the PaintKit.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:57:00 pm »
Thanks a lot for your reply, Umberto!

I have done exactly as you said, previously also removing all the Virtuali folder (AppData\Roaming).
Redownloaded everything once again, reinstalled once more and... voilla... it is working again!

I have no idea what exactly happened but what matters is that it is fine now.
Sorry for bothering you and look forward to more updates (including cargo) of this excellent product.

Have a good night,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:52:53 am »
I can say that this also happens to me! I tried configuring the door position manually and now the front stair case disappears completely. I have no clue what the problem is, but I'm sure others have experienced the same thing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:05 am »
I tried configuring the door position manually and now the front stair case disappears completely.

Then you must made some kind of error when doing it. There wasn't any need to configure it manually, because the current update supports the 777 out of the box.

And, as explained on the Live Update release notes, if you already started configuring it without waiting for the official support, it's best if you remove your files, so if you want to customize it further, you will start from the GSX configuration, which supports other things (connection constraint like apu, wheel chockes, etc.) that the editor doesn't.