Author Topic: Machine Mismatch  (Read 3596 times)

qf11bd

Machine Mismatch
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:18:41 am »
Hi,

As of recent, at random times, I get the 'Machine Mismatch ID' pop up when starting FSX. What is strange though is that it comes back frequently. A restart of my PC could spark this, and could also cause it to go away next time. There's no consistency, and just happens 'sometimes' even when not making a SINGLE change to any software. What on earth is going on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

qf11bd

Re: Machine Mismatch
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:09 am »
Yes, but a restart of my PC WITHOUT pressing the 'confirm activation' removes that error for me. And yet, even if I do press 'confirm', I still get it at other times. Is this still all related to the items in that post you linked?

qf11bd

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:14 am »
And why does it only happen to KDFW? All my other sceneries don't have that 'hardware mismatch' error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:20:48 am »
And why does it only happen to KDFW? All my other sceneries don't have that 'hardware mismatch' error

Sceneries don't have the slightest idea of your hardware. In fact, we (in the Addon Manager) don't have the slightest idea of your hardware too. It's all done by the Esellerate library, what is checked and what is being done, is really a black box for us.

The activation keys are in the registry, and the registry has all sort of permissions for each key, like any other file, so any strange Window quirk happening while using the PC, which resulted in an access denied to the registry key, could cause Esellerate not being able to access that specific key, just for that session.

qf11bd

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:30:50 am »
That's really odd. And quite annoying it is doing so.