Author Topic: Debuggers & BGLMAN.DLL  (Read 5986 times)

justplanecrazy

Debuggers & BGLMAN.DLL
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:11:59 am »
For some reason there was a post on here about this however, through rigorous searching, I could not find it.

So here goes.  Downloaded the product and clicked the jfk_fs9_setup link on the desktop and it installs.  All goes well.

I execute FS9 and I receive the following messages:

"For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active.  Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again."

Clicked OK, then received the message below:

"Flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.  You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.  File: bglman.dll."

I downloaded a replacement bglman.dll file, however, which directory do I place it in.  The quicker I get this sorted out, the quicker I can carry on with the acquirement of this product.

Thank you
-justplanecrazy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Debuggers & BGLMAN.DLL
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:19:31 am »
I downloaded a replacement bglman.dll file, however, which directory do I place it in.  The quicker I get this sorted out, the quicker I can carry on with the acquirement of this product.

Have you downloaded from the web page, or from the mirror ? Because the issue with the installer has been fixed on the link published on the main web page (which points to fsdreamteam.com), but I've just realized the mirror on virtualisoftware.com hasn't updated.

It's better if you download just the Stand-alone Addon Manager, that will fix your dll, so you don't need to download the installer again:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup_addonmanager.exe

alexvs

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:09:40 pm »
Umberto,

Does this addon manager also work together with the 3Gb fix I installed in FS9? In other words, does this setup "detect" if you have the patch installed "yes" or "no"?

Regards,
Jeroen
The Netherlands

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:23:22 pm »
Does this addon manager also work together with the 3Gb fix I installed in FS9? In other words, does this setup "detect" if you have the patch installed "yes" or "no"?

The whole discussion about the Addon Manager supporting or not the 3GB is obsolete since several months, when the version that supported the fix was released. So, having the 3GB fix or not doesn't matter anymore.

The only difference now, is if you have a nocd patch or not. And yes, the setup automatically detects which FS9.EXE you have, and install the correct version. You will only need to run the setup again when you switch between versions. But, as I've said, is entirely unrelated to the 3GB fix now.

alexvs

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:59:55 pm »
Umberto,

Thanx for the prompt answer. I've the NOCD. So everything is installed as it should.

Grazie,
Jeroen
Velserbroek
The Netherlands