Author Topic: Couatl.exe and blgmanx don't work  (Read 4284 times)

enaic

Couatl.exe and blgmanx don't work
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:30 am »
Please help me!
I have a registered version of GSX
When I press either Ctrl+F12 or Shift Ctrl+F12 nothing happens and only have the "Addon Manager" no the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons” menu.
In order to solve,I have reinstall the fsx ,gsx and vs2005C++ run time,but the error still.
I downloaded the setup file with AVG turned of
I included the following exceptions as suggested
YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe
I am using FSX (Gold)
Windows 7 64 bit
And Active Sky Next
FSUIPC Registered version 4.934

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl.exe and blgmanx don't work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:15:21 am »
only have the "Addon Manager" no the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons” menu.

As explained many times already on the forum, when the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

enaic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:47:55 pm »
Hi
I have did all with you suggest,but the problem still didn't slove

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »
I have did all with you suggest,but the problem still didn't solve

Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you first launched FSX after having followed the ENTIRE procedure I've posted ? If no, or you don't remember, do it again and pay attention if you are being asked permission to run the module. Of course, you should allow it to run.

If you haven't been asked permission to run the Couatl program, these are the only possible explanations:

1) You haven't followed the previous procedure entirely. More precisely, you skipped this step:

reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

OR

2) Your antivirus is STILL blocking the program, because you still haven't properly configured it. Or, you are running two antivirus together ( not suggested ), like Windows Defender + another one. Other than suggesting not to use two antivirus together, you must configure *both* to exclude the files.

OR

3) You haven't checked this:

you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

enaic

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »
Hi
I had did everything i can do,but the Couatl.exe still didn't work
i had reinstalled several times
please help me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »
I had did everything i can do,but the Couatl.exe still didn't work

Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you first launched FSX after having followed the ENTIRE procedure I've posted ?

i had reinstalled several times

I haven't said you should "just" reinstall.

I've listed a complete procedure you must follow to the letter. Don't do anything else, just follow it, and report, especially if you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you first launched FSX after having followed the ENTIRE procedure I've posted.

enaic

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 06:44:06 pm »
I only have  the "Addon Manager" under the "Addons" menu .there is no the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:20 am »
I only have  the "Addon Manager" under the "Addons" menu .there is no the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons"

Again: have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you first launched FSX after having followed the ENTIRE procedure I've posted ?