Author Topic: KIAH and the new P3Dv2.3 Addon Manager  (Read 3575 times)

Kilstorm

KIAH and the new P3Dv2.3 Addon Manager
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:50:50 pm »
Not sure if what I am seeing is because I've updated the addon manager that came out after the P3Dv2.3 patch or not so I'm asking.  Basically I am waiting on the FSUIPC to get its v2.3 update before I update P3D from v2.2 to 2.3 so I am running P3dv2.2 with the FSDT Addon Manager for v2.3 and I am getting all kinds of shadow flickering at KIAH and KDEN.  The only airports I have tried. I know KDEN is not FSDT but does use the addon manager.  Anyway my question is this something that is due to not having v2.3 or do I have another issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH and the new P3Dv2.3 Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:04:06 am »
Flickering doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager or anything like that. Check your shadows settings, and be sure you turn off the option to cast shadows for objects flagged as "NoShadows"

Kilstorm

Re: KIAH and the new P3Dv2.3 Addon Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:24 am »
Thank you Virtuali that allowed me to look for something else to be the cause and not the addon manager new version for v2.3.  I always fly the Dash 8 into KIAH and so I looked at it after playing with all the display and shadow settings.  It seems to be the issue and there is a beta fix now and an update fix on the way.  Here is what I found on the Majestic forum:
http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html