Author Topic: Gate Issues  (Read 3526 times)

ChrisC

Gate Issues
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »
Hello all,

First of all I want to say that this is my second scenery purchase from FSDT so far I have GSX and Geneva and it is incredible it makes JFK a dream to fly in and out of.

I do have one small issue.

When I load a gate to setup up at on JFK they have the numbers of the gates gut they say "GATE GA" next to the number. Now is this supposed to be like this or is there a way to show the terminal information and others etc like other scenery makers..Aerosoft, Flightbeam etc..?

This is only a small annoyance of mine and if it can't be fixed then its no biggie as the scenery is still amazing!

Regards

Chris  ;D

Dominato83

Re: Gate Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:53:12 pm »
It's just to get rid of the default FSX airport service vehicles so they don't conflict with the scenery.  If you want those you can always just edit the AFCAD yourself to make them gates

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:35 pm »
When I load a gate to setup up at on JFK they have the numbers of the gates gut they say "GATE GA" next to the number. Now is this supposed to be like this or is there a way to show the terminal information and others etc like other scenery makers..Aerosoft, Flightbeam etc..?

This has been asked and answered on our forum many times already, and of course is not a bug of the scenery or something that should be fixed.

- The parkings are all flagged as GA, to get rid of the default ground vehicles, that eats frame rates, interfere with our own vehicles and scenery ground details, and look bad too. Many other developers use the same technique.

- JFK real world naming can't be represented by FSX naming conventions anyway. FSX expects Terminals to be named A, B, C, etc. but at real JFK Terminals are named 1, 2, 3, etc. and they have series of A and B gates too, so it's not possible to flag a parking spot such as "Terminal 1 Gate 2B".

- Other developers has used other naming conventions, but they still don't appear realistic.

- But we have GSX, fortunately. Using GSX, you'll notice that all parkings at JFK are named and grouped exactly like in reality, overcoming the FSX naming limitations. If you use GSX to select a parking when you are outside of it (on the runway, for example), in combination with the "Just Warp Me there" option, this will effectively work as a replacement for the default FSX "Go To Airport" menu, because it will just move your airplane there, without activating any service yet. In addition to that, GSX will tell you if the parking is large enough to take the airplane you are flying at that time, another feature the default FSX Go To menu is missing.

So, having GSX (we is free on FSDT airport, so the reasoning would be valid even if you haven't purchased it), the issue of having parkings are labeled as GA in the default Go To Airport menu, becomes moot.

ChrisC

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »
 Well thanks for the replies both of you. Like I said this was only a small issue...not really an issue actually. I works great and it runs smoothly which is what I wanted. I do have GSX so I may try your suggestion Umberto thanks