Author Topic: Warp to trial mode  (Read 14341 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Warp to trial mode
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 12:33:05 pm »
There has to be another way. My current account is highly personalized and fsx running on network etc etc etc It would take me for ever to set that up again

That was obviously just a TEST, doesn't mean you will have to use the test account from now on. But it it works in the new account, at least we would KNOWN is account-related, so we might try to act on the normal account you need to use.

zoran

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 07:26:37 am »
Ha you had me worried fora minute there
I created a new user account but I can not get FSX to run in it. I just get black screens and cant launch a flight, it wont load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 09:28:03 am »
I created a new user account but I can not get FSX to run in it. I just get black screens and cant launch a flight, it wont load.

That seems to confirm you have some kind of trouble with accounts on your system: FSX doesn't have to be reinstalled to run in a new user account, because it would simply re-create its default preference files in the local folders of the new account at the first startup, and most of the important files, like the scenery.cfg or the scenery cache, are located in a shared folder ( C:\ProgramData ), so they are not user-related.

I'm sorry, but I really can't offer any other suggestion now, other than I'm sure your problem will go away at the next Windows reinstall.

Don't you have another PC to test FSX + GSX on ? That would at least prove you the problem is that specific PC installation. Don't worry about the number of activations, if you need some to test, I can add them to your order.

zoran

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:51 am »
No problems thanks for your help. I will figure it out eventually

zoran

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 05:08:26 am »
Have made a bit of new progress.

I had the same win 7 blocking problem with Aivlasoft . I ran the program "tweaking .com" and that re set my permissions and subsequently it fixed the Aivlasoft issue.

Also I am able to now open FSX in another User account but when I start GSX I still get warp to trial mode.

zoran

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 09:58:49 am »
Problem solved with back up installing windows to an earlier date