Author Topic: BIG PROBLEMS and I am getting very but very frustrated...  (Read 10802 times)

chusair

BIG PROBLEMS and I am getting very but very frustrated...
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:20:20 pm »
Hi, let me start from the beginning I know usually helps...I had FSX and Acceleration installed in my PC... space/everything else is perfect...my traffic from world-of-ai.com is working as a clock...I am a very happy camper, never had a problem. Then I decided to install the JFK/ORD/ZRH scenery, the pictures looks pretty cool and there is where everything went down hill...I am been polite, but you know what I am thinking...
Finally and after back and forward on this forum I send my scenery.cfg file to the address requested and is like everything got into a black hole, no one else ever e-mail me back...so I am a little frustrated, but it is ok, I will uninstall everything...no big deal only 200 ai traffic installations, one by one, who cares...and the FSX and delete all files and try to start from zero...the pictures in the website looks pretty cool and I would like to have something like that...
I installed my FSX then the first problem...something happen that when I am trying to install the acceleration disk, nothing happen...from here things get uglier...
I downloaded and installed SP1 and SP2 in order to install the scenery...oh by the way, probably I didn't save any money on the 3 for the price of 2 because I ended charging my card for 5 scenery...The zurich one 3 times...but who cares if maybe I will see it...guess what...NO...I open my FSX and nothing in Zurich...is it my bad luck...is this common...it is just me ??? Can anyone help...
I wish to start fixing the following:
1. making sure I can open and install the Acceleration...is like nothing happen when I open the disk and start the setup...
2. how do I make the abra cadabra to make Zurich available???

and yes I am very frustrated!!! and disapointed !!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BIG PROBLEMS and I am getting very but very frustrated...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:10:47 am »
Finally and after back and forward on this forum I send my scenery.cfg file to the address requested and is like everything got into a black hole, no one else ever e-mail me back...

Not true.

We had several email exchanges during yesterday and today about your issue with purchasing, and I have your replies to my replies too. How could you say that nobody replies to you ?

You haven't sent the correct scenery.cfg file, and I've replied to that email as well. You sent me the backup scenery.cfg, which is in the FSX folder. This file is NOT the one FSX uses, it's just the default that gets installed when FSX is installed, and is stored in the FSX folder as a backup. Also also explained on this forum and as I have told you in my email, the correct file is at %ALLUSERSPROFILE\Microsoft\FSX. This one is the one in use, that I can check for eventual problems. I've sent you that email again, just in case you missed it.

so I am a little frustrated, but it is ok, I will uninstall everything...no big deal only 200 ai traffic installations, one by one

Who told you to uninstall all your AI??

I installed my FSX then the first problem...something happen that when I am trying to install the acceleration disk, nothing happen...from here things get uglier...

If your Acceleration disk can't install, your system has probably other issues as well, like missing Windows libraries, etc. These are of course not dependent from any of our products. Something that prevents the Acceleration installer to run, looks llike a system wide issue.

probably I didn't save any money on the 3 for the price of 2 because I ended charging my card for 5 scenery...

I really ask you to stop posting false statements.

This is what happened:

- You made a mistake initially, because you ordered JFK+KORD+LSZH together, when the forum instructions say to buy just JFK+KORD then asking a free Coupon for LSZH via email. You sent an email about this issue, we replied with instructions, and REFUNDED the 1st Zurich bought by mistake.

- When you inserted the free Coupon for LSZH, you were probably so quick going to the Esellerate web site, that the server still haven't update with the Coupon we created for you. If a Coupon is not active yet, you would see that the discount is Zero and the Total is NOT Zero, but the regular price of Zurich. Nonetheless, you choose to buy Zurich anyway, instead of asking what was going wrong. After purchasing it, even if the total for the order didn't said 0.00$, you emailed us again. And again, of course, you were replied to, with ANOTHER FREE COUPON, and you got REFUNDED for the 2nd double purchase.

- Finally, you successfully bought Zurich at 0.0$ with the 2nd Coupon.

So yes, you "bought" Zurich 3 times, but you got 2 REFUNDS and bought the 3rd one for FREE.

The 2 refunds are being processed by Esellerate, you will get a notification via email as soon they are completed, it usually doesn't take much.

Also, together with explanations of what went wrong, you were also give instructions how to de-register Zurich again and put it back into trial mode. Have you forgot all this email exchanges as well ? How can you say that nobody replies to you?

1. making sure I can open and install the Acceleration...is like nothing happen when I open the disk and start the setup...

2. how do I make the abra cadabra to make Zurich available???

These two are related, if you can't install either Acceleration or SP2, all our sceneries will not work. So, you need to fix Acceleration or SP2 (if you succeed installing Acceleration, there will be no need to install SP1 and SP2) first, then you can start installing our sceneries.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:13:23 am by virtuali »

chusair

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 05:17:04 am »
I am really not making you guys guilty of anything, I am just seeking help, honestly very frustrated, people like me with very limited knowledge of how to manipulate the files, etc...could become extremely frustrated, because we don't know what to do or how to fix the problem. As of now, I will reinstall everything from zero and I hope all the problem get fixed. I have to admit that you guys have been of great help, in no way is a complaint against your product, wouldn't make any sense is that sometime it could be very hard for people with limited knowledge...I am sorry I truly apologize if in any case I give the impression that you guys have a bad product...
I will keep you posted of the development as I install everything from scratch...I might need a lot of help and I appreciate all the help I can get.
Let me make clear, venting the frustration is not any way shape or form your fault, is more venting the frustration for been so limited not knowing if we did something wrong or no and not really knowing what to do...
One more time, thank you

chusair

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:40 pm »
OK, I must be doing something wrong...now I am in the basis...

1. Installed the Flightsim X Deluxe version
2. Installed the  Flightsim Acceleration Pack
3. Installed the 3 scenery JFK, ORD and ZRH
4. Open the flightsim and went to the addon manger and they all show as active

I can't see the scenery....

What is that I am doing wrong?

I don't have anything else installed, not ai traffic not even additional planes...just the basis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:05 pm »
I can't see the scenery....

What is that I am doing wrong?

Have you launched FSX at least once, after the base or the Acceleration pack installer has completed ? If not, it might be that FSX didn't copy the default scenery.cfg from the FSX root folder to your user folder. Addons sceneries needs to be added to the scenery.cfg in the user folder but, if there's no scenery.cfg yet because FSX hasn't been launched at the end of its installation, our installer will not update it with the sceneries.

You can do either of these two things:

- Add the 3 sceneries manually, using the Scenery Library

OR

- Run their installers again, since your scenery.cfg is now surely there, the installer should now be able to find it and update the sceneries.

And, if you aren't sure if you have the current installers, download them again, all 3. We just update them all today,  with all the fixes reported on the forum so far.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:45:22 pm by virtuali »

chusair

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:43:34 pm »
Yes that is after second attempt.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 01:44:49 pm »
Yes that is after second attempt.

Were the sceneries automatically added to the Scenery Library menu ?

chusair

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:47:32 pm »
Yes they were added automatically.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:49:01 pm »
Yes they were added automatically.

Have you restarted FSX again, when the Scenery Library was updated ? Changes are not immediate, you need to restart FSX at least once.

chusair

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:54:34 pm »
I have to go to work now...I will be back in the afternoon and will keep trying. I will reboot and will start over the FSX... THe answer to your question is yes I did lauch twice FSX after double checking that the scenery are there and are showing as active, something that was interesting is that I didn't had to activate them, the already show as active....maybe this will bring you clarity

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:55 pm »
something that was interesting is that I didn't had to activate them, the already show as active....maybe this will bring you clarity

This is normal, and it exactly how the program is supposed to operate: you will never lose your registration, regardless of how many times you uninstall/reinstall the sceneries, as long as you don't reinstall Windows, the registration will stay.

At least, if the Addon Manager says the sceneries are Active, it's sure it's not an activation problem, and the Addon Mananger works correctly on your system. It must be something else.

If you contact me via email, I can send you a special debuggin version that can help us understand what's going on.

chusair

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 12:08:50 am »
I just e-mailed you, if you need to e-mail me, please feel free to do so to chusair@gmail.com
I also tried again and nothing I double check and it does say that the 3 scenery are active.

Thanks you so much for your kind support

Razgriz

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 03:46:50 am »
Make sure JFK is installed last, it should be ZHX ORD JFK or ORD ZHX JFK, because JFK has the latest addon manager.

chusair

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 04:41:18 am »
FINALLY !!!!!!! EUREKA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your help, now I have in frontg of me the "looooong" task of downloading and istalling the ai traffic but everything is finally working. This is what I did in case anyone else have the problem...I went and activated manually the scenery in the scenery library and problem fixed.

One more time thank you so much to all of you...specially to the FSD team

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 11:37:08 am »
Make sure JFK is installed last, it should be ZHX ORD JFK or ORD ZHX JFK, because JFK has the latest addon manager.

Nope.

All the installers, installs the only and the same Addon Manager, because they get it online when they starts from internet. It's like this since Jun, when we update all the installers to use this method.

The only way one would end up with an old version, if he has an installer for KORD or LSZH that was downloaded earlier.