Author Topic: Probably some issues.  (Read 3319 times)

bradimarte

Probably some issues.
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:37:21 am »
Hi everybody, and sorry for my English.

Using gsx I've found some little question or issues:

1: Pushback sounds: is normal that at the end of the pushback sequence, when the marshaller releases the aircraft and the message is
displayed on the screen 'have a good trip', remain the sound of the truck engine until I will do the takeoff (even if I am many distance
of the truck) ?

2: vehicles: is normal that every time I start in a gate of every airport, for to see the gsx vehicles, I must to select any gsx command
(boarding, refueling etc...) ? Is not normal instead to see all the vehicles immediately when I'm parked in the gate at the begin ?

3: graphical scenery editor: when I select the 'customize vehicle locations' button from the customize airport position' menu, automatically my aircraft move around the world in slew mode quickly (without I press any buttons) and when I press the 'Y' button for to exit, many time show to me an error form of couat script.

Thanks'

Rodolfo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Probably some issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:18:48 pm »
1: Pushback sounds: is normal that at the end of the pushback sequence, when the marshaller releases the aircraft and the message is  displayed on the screen 'have a good trip', remain the sound of the truck engine until I will do the takeoff (even if I am many distance of the truck) ?

No it's not, and nobody ever reported it before. However, GSX uses Open AL for 3d sound positioning, sound levels depending on distance are calculated automatically by the OpenAL sound library, which in turns calls DirectSound, and then your sound drivers.

2: vehicles: is normal that every time I start in a gate of every airport, for to see the gsx vehicles, I must to select any gsx command  (boarding, refueling etc...) ?

That's how GSX works, and it has been explained many times on the forum: it has been intentionally made this way, so it won't interfere with anything else, unless YOU call for it. This, for example, allows you to choose if using AES or GSX at a certain airport.

3: graphical scenery editor: when I select the 'customize vehicle locations' button from the customize airport position' menu, automatically my aircraft move around the world in slew mode quickly (without I press any buttons) and when I press the 'Y' button for to exit, many time show to me an error form of couat script.

This has been explained many times on the forum too, and it's caused by your joystick null zone not being properly set. You can fix it by either setting the null zone for the Joystick Slew axis correctly, or simply turning off the joystick ( CTRL+K ) BEFORE editing a parking.

bradimarte

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:57:13 pm »
Thanks' for the quickly reply, but now for the first question, how I can to resolve this sound volume issue ?

I have another little question:

At the parking, if I select first the 'refueling' and next the 'boarding passenger', all is ok, but if I select first the 'boarding passenger', at the end of the boarding process I can't to call the refueling, event if the boarding is completed (you can see the gsx menu in the image attached at this post). Where I wrong in this case ?

Regards

Rodolfo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »
Thanks' for the quickly reply, but now for the first question, how I can to resolve this sound volume issue ?

As I've said, it doesn't happen normally, so it must be a problem with your sound card drivers. Try to update your sound drivers. Try using the one supplied with Windows, or the one downloaded from your sound card maker. It's not always certain which ones are better, you must try.

At the parking, if I select first the 'refueling' and next the 'boarding passenger', all is ok, but if I select first the 'boarding passenger', at the end of the boarding process I can't to call the refueling, event if the boarding is completed (you can see the gsx menu in the image attached at this post). Where I wrong in this case ?

You cannot refuel your airplane after having boarded passengers, not in real life (well, you can, but it's not usually done, because it would require calling the fire brigade too), and not in GSX so yes, this is obviously intentional, not a bug,

bradimarte

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:23:43 am »
I have upgraded my drivers sound card, but in any case remain the issue. For all other vehicles the sound is different for far or near me, instead the pushback truck at the end of the pushback, the idle sound remain always as near me until I will do the takeoff.

Have you another suggest for resolve it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:43:20 am »
Have you another suggest for resolve it ?

As a workaround, you can use the "Restart Couatl" menu command at the end of the pushback.