Author Topic: Black Textures  (Read 3109 times)

GregH

Black Textures
« on: May 17, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »
Hi all,

On occasion, not always, I end up with totally BLACK textures on certain GSX units around the aircraft. I think I have only seen it happen to the two baggage loading/conveyor vehicles the drive up to the cargo doors. All others are fine. What would be causing this? I have no other issues and  I do not tweak my fsx.cfg with random and arbitrary tweaks. I have noticed that when coautl updater runs it does say something about files not being found or something - but it runs too quickly. maybe this updater corrupted my system?

System is: i7 4770K @ 4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 2400 RAM, GTX780 Ti Super Clocked. Win 7-64 Pro.

If the answer is to re-install GSX using the latest full installer, must I first uninstall GSX from my system using Windows Control Panel?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:23:10 pm by GregH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Black Textures
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:58:32 pm »
On occasion, not always, I end up with totally BLACK textures on certain GSX units around the aircraft. I think I have only seen it happen to the two baggage loading/conveyor vehicles the drive up to the cargo doors.

This seems to indicate you missed some vehicles update in the past. Vehicles are NOT automatically updated by the Live Update program, you must either install one of the Vehicle Update installers OR the full GSX installer.

If the answer is to re-install GSX using the latest full installer, must I first uninstall GSX from my system using Windows Control Panel?

Doesn't make any difference.

If it did, we would either clearly advice to do so or, more likely, have the installer to stop you from installing without uninstalling first.

GregH

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:01:31 pm »
Thanks virtuali,

I did not know to check separately for vehicle updates.

I downloaded and ran the full installer. I did notice a message that said something about python KLAX not found or not installed or something like that but the installation otherwise went OK. I am not using and other FS DreamTeam products. Is this message OK to ignore? So far it seems OK in the simulator.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:39:11 am »
I did notice a message that said something about python KLAX not found or not installed or something like that but the installation otherwise went OK.

The progress message says that, since you don't have a product ( KLAX in this case ) there was nothing to update, and so it skipped that download.