Author Topic: Afcad problem at CYVR (NOT FSDT version)  (Read 4293 times)

DrumsArt

Afcad problem at CYVR (NOT FSDT version)
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:10:30 am »
Hello,

I have the following problem with freight park at CYVR (I have NOT FSDT, just ORBX scenery).

For exemple launch FSX, choose aircraft at CYVR freight park one. Launch the flight then Ctrl F12. The GSX window shows parking place related to CAM9 airport !

The CYVR freight terminal is relatively far from the CAM9 airport...So, is it possible to "say" to GSX to pointer on the good afcad :
D:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL
and not on D:/FSX/Mytraffic/scenery/AF2_CAM9.bgl ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Afcad problem at CYVR (NOT FSDT version)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:35:32 am »
The CYVR freight terminal is relatively far from the CAM9 airport...So, is it possible to "say" to GSX to pointer on the good afcad : D:/FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL and not on D:/FSX/Mytraffic/scenery/AF2_CAM9.bgl ?

Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8832.5

we supply an exclusion file for CAM9 together with our CYVR scenery. You can always install the Trial and get that file from it. Or, remove the CAM9.bgl, that would obtain the same effect.

DrumsArt

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:16:18 am »
Thank you for your answer.

Finally I removed the CAM9.bgl and deleted the Couatl folder to force GSX to rebuild the cache. So, no more problem at CYVR !

About that, it's curious that GSX don't regenerate the airport cache automatically !? What is the problem ?

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:05:35 am »
About that, it's curious that GSX don't regenerate the airport cache automatically !? What is the problem ?

It surely does, on the vast majority of systems. Forcing a rebuild is only an alternate procedure that we suggest when it doesn't on some systems, but is still not clear why it happens, perhaps it depends on other add-ons installed.

DrumsArt

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:12:53 pm »

It surely does, on the vast majority of systems. Forcing a rebuild is only an alternate procedure that we suggest when it doesn't on some systems, but is still not clear why it happens, perhaps it depends on other add-ons installed.

I understand but on my system sometimes it does, sometimes not. It's that which is curious !

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier