Author Topic: Settings  (Read 2531 times)

gfd

Settings
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:49:40 am »
Greetings

I am using P3D vs 2.4. I am happy that all of the FSDT airports I use are supported. As we are aware, P3D does not require the same degree of tweaking that FSX does. As a matter of fact, I prefer to use a vanilla cfg file.

I  notice in my cfg file, that there are entries made by the Addon Manager:

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=1
ViewOptimization=0
AltitudeCull=1
GroundTraffic=1

These are ok. It appears they are specific to your products.

However, I believe that there are also other entries which would apply to P3D in general (CPU affinity, etc). I am not being critical. I just would like to know if I decide to delete the entries, will they just be replaced when I run P3D again? If so, how do I prevent that from happening in future?

Thanks,
Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:11:44 am »
However, I believe that there are also other entries which would apply to P3D in general (CPU affinity, etc). I am not being critical. I just would like to know if I decide to delete the entries, will they just be replaced when I run P3D again? If so, how do I prevent that from happening in future?

This has been explained many times already on the forum:

- The entries related to the P3D/FSX settings in the Addon Manager interface (that are clearly labeled as such), are READ from your EXISTING .CFG file.

- They are NOT written, until you press the Save button. If you didn't had that setting to begin with, the setting is assigned to the default value.

What happens if you delete a setting, depends by the setting.

If you delete a setting the sim assign a default value to, it won't be recreated just because you ran the sim again, and the sim will use its own internal default setting. If you use the Addon Manager, and the setting you changed is one of those available there AND you press the Save button, it will written to the .CFG file with that value.