Author Topic: GSX (no responding) **SOLVED**  (Read 15291 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX (no responding)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 11:18:49 pm »
The KeyMapping under the roaming file showing "[global] youcontrol=Ctrl+F12 & [GSX] shortcut=Shift+Ctrl+F12"

So it's NOT blank!!

I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation, is that you have another addon using one of those keys.

ison.wan

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:10 pm »
I tried without success. Can you please identify the most possible addons it might have the same key settings? Much appreciate.  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:04 pm »
There can be many, one that is known for sure to be set to use CTRL+F12 by default, is the IVAP client, but there might be others we don't know of.

ison.wan

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »
Um... Just want to clarify one thing. One signal product key can it be used on two PCs? As I mentioned before, I still have my pervious laptop with me with GSX installed.

Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »
Um... Just want to clarify one thing. One signal product key can it be used on two PCs? As I mentioned before, I still have my pervious laptop with me with GSX installed.

As explained on our FAQ, you have 6 activations per order, so you can easily use more than 1 PC, provided of course you are the only user.

But this won't have anything to do with your issue. If there's was a problem with the activation, the program would NOT "malfunction", it will work perfectly, but in Trial mode, which in case of GSX means it will work in full at all FSDT airports and a couple of default airports more.

ison.wan

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 02:19:42 am »
Hi there again,

I am using a Lenovo laptop and they do have a "one key theatre" function. Will that be the problem? Since the computer has the F12 set for the bright and dark setting, will that be the problem too? I am so sorry about the bothering, I am not a computer person.

Cheers!

Ison 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 03:14:47 am »
I am using a Lenovo laptop and they do have a "one key theatre" function. Will that be the problem? Since the computer has the F12 set for the bright and dark setting, will that be the problem too?

The problem is not the F12, because the GSX default key is CTRL+F12 or CTRL+Shift+F12, not just F12 and, you can redefine GSX keys easily.

The problem is that the Lenovo One key theatre is not compatible with our software, so you must disable it when running any of our products.

ison.wan

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 04:14:58 am »
I have already disabled it. Still not working... I have read one of the pervious post in regards to this similar issue, he attached one of the key mapping image, and I found out I have no any hotkey assigned at all. Will that be the issue?

Cheers!

ison.wan

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 04:18:43 am »
Under the "Key mappings for couatl-powered products in FSX. It's blank, empty page.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 12:54:05 pm »
Under the "Key mappings for couatl-powered products in FSX. It's blank, empty page.

That seems to indicate a problem with your user account, like wrong permission. Try to reinstall GSX now.

ison.wan

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 03:02:51 am »
I did, but it didn't work.

What I found out too was when I reinstalled GSX with a trial version, I went to the default airport and surprising me nothing turned up. Hot key was not responding...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 11:35:10 am »
What I found out too was when I reinstalled GSX with a trial version, I went to the default airport and surprising me nothing turned up. Hot key was not responding...

Fairly obvious that no key would respond, if the keymapping is blank. The issue is, it SHOULDN'T be blank, especially after a reinstall, because one of the things the installer does, is to restore the keymapping entries if they are missing.

A possible reason why the installer couldn't do that, could be related to problems with your user account, like wrong permissions setting, or the account corrupted.

Do you run FSX in "Compatibility" mode ? If yes, turn if off.

ison.wan

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:07 am »
No Compatibility was selected... When come to the user account problem, what can I do with it? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:07:57 am »
No Compatibility was selected... When come to the user account problem, what can I do with it? Thanks

You might try creating a new user account ( with admin rights ) and reinstall GSX there too, see if it makes any difference. At least you would *know* that it's something related to your account.

ison.wan

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 03:23:38 am »
have been a while away from FSX... My GSX still not working.

Found a topic that related to my issue, http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=9669.0

any idea? Thank you so much...

Cheers!